• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last of Mohicans Bloopers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't know if this has been said before but:

OK, I really like Last of the Mohicans (Michael Mann

Finding movie bloopers can be fun. I use a program on my comp to do frame by frame capture of DVDs I use for deskstop pictures and have found a couple mistakes in the past. The last one I had to laugh, it was a relitively new movie and I noticed in one scene the squibs went off and the actor reacted to being shot like a half second before the gun was actually fired lol. You cannot notice it at all when watching the movie but frame by frame lets the secret out. :)

Don Jose, you got too dang much time on yer hands. :shake: :rolleyes: :haha: Save that fer huricane season, get out and make smoke. Bill

I guess the next time I watch LOTM, if I think about it, I'll try and find some of these bloopers. Even so, I still enjoyed the movie. :thumbsup:

The brief appearance of Cheech in the The Last of the Mohicans ambush scene is due to the eerie but very real capability of both still-camera and motion-picture film to sometimes function as a genuine time machine. In the real, historical battle depicted in the movie, a Cheech-like character did indeed momentarily appear on the battlefield, as noted in the survivors' journals. This is an expression of the potency of the material both the modern-day Cheech and the 18th Century survivors had been smoking, which occasionally produced what the artist S. Clay Wilson described as "time warp funnies" -- for example, a battle between Roman legions and Germanic barbarians c. 9 A.D. in which, according to many eye witnesses, the San Berdoo chapter of the Hells Angels momentarily replaced the Germanic barbarians, even as, again according to eye witnesses, the Germanic barbarians momentarily replaced the Hells Angels in a riotous confrontation with the LAPD. The "time warp" phenomenon, also known as "diagonal dimensional dive," was especially commonplace during the late 1960s, when it became the subject of innumerable monologues and not a few lengthy dissertations.

I sure pity them Germanic Barbarians, it was during the 1960s that Darrel Gates invented SWAT, which locally were known as the firemen after the SLA inferno. It was a good tactic, and was copied by the FBI at Waco. :no:

At least the Angles had a speed advantage over the Roman legions. :crackup:

In the final scene when Chingachgook and Hawkeye are running up the mountain Hawkeye brushes a rock and it moves. It almost moves like canvas. Very few people I have tried to show it to have actually seen.

In the final scene when Chingachgook and Hawkeye are running up the mountain Hawkeye brushes a rock and it moves. It almost moves like canvas. Very few people I have tried to show it to have actually seen.

Maybe your seeing things that nobody else has, heh? Hittin' the sauce a little too hard? :hmm: :hmm: :shake:

Yes, the canvas rock is the Jell-O-Rock I referred to. Funny stuff. I still love the movie though!!!

It's the best, I wish hollywood would invest that kind of time and money in some other period stories, imagine what a movie about Simon Kenton or Jim Bridger would be like on that scale. Jell-O-Rock and all.

Somehow I don't catch this sort of stuff: maybe because I am sober when I watch! But I do catch stuff like the blooper about "Chief Joseph Brant's field" - Brother Brant was a child at the time - and the sheer idiocy of three men, one of them middle-aged, outrunning a deer through the woods. :haha:

Capt. William

Somehow I don't catch this sort of stuff: maybe because I am sober when I watch! But I do catch stuff like the blooper about "Chief Joseph Brant's field" - Brother Brant was a child at the time - and the sheer idiocy of three men, one of them middle-aged, outrunning a deer through the woods. :haha:

Capt. William

Russell Means was 52 or 53 when the movie was made. I've seen a few guys that age that can still run through the woods like a pup. Unfortunately, I ain't one of them.

Not knowin' what was writ on the real rock, I'm willin' to let the jello slide a bit. Harry loves Sally, AHS Class of '89 wouldn't be period correct now would it? :haha:

I'm gonna listen to LOTM (agin) tonight, to see if I can hear any'a them bloopers you fellas are talk'n about!! :thumbsup: ::

YMHS
rollingb

Capt. William

Russell Means was 52 or 53 when the movie was made. I've seen a few guys that age that can still run through the woods like a pup. Unfortunately, I ain't one of them.

I CAN do that! Ok....going downhilll.....a slight trip.....then I basically just keep rolling till I hit the bottom. But I do pass up everything: trees, rocks (ouch!), other hunters, even the danged deer. The deer just kinda stand there in disbelief! :haha: :haha:

Found a few from the[url] moviemistakes.com[/url] site--some of the better bloopers I've seen are:

1. At the surrender of the fort, as the English are marching out, the French general removes his hat. The English Commander, Monroe, says "The fort is yours, Monsieur". Look over his shoulder. In the distant valley you can see what are either two tourist buses or perhaps mobile catering vans.

2. As the English are leaving the fort, if you look right after between the soldiers and down toward the beach, you'll see what looks like a blue and white umbrella where someone is sunning themselves by the lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! That's great! I'll check that out tonight. As far as more films being made, that is my dream. My greatest aspiration is to make films and I am currently working on several ideas and a screenplay for a period flick (16th century). Making a living in South Florida is just about impossible (single person living ok and able to save requires at least 50k per year, and they have to be frugal). Anyway, I am looking to get out ( I hate it here). God willing things will improve once I am out of here. Maybe someday I can make a couple of good flicks, even if they are low buget, as long as the story is good, rubber rocks and phantom hippies n' all).

Back