• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead Contamination of Gun-Shot Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more article.

Another article which includes an Iowa study.

...To further put in perspective the claims concerning the safety of game harvested using traditional ammunition, consider this statement from the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) -- a state agency that has conducted an extensive panel of blood-lead testing for more than 15 years: "IDPH maintains that if lead in venison were a serious health risk, it would likely have surfaced within extensive blood-lead testing since 1992 with 500,000 youth under 6 and 25,000 adults having been screened." It has not.

The thing that smells in all this controversy is the person who first claimed he found all this lead. The Dermatologist has ties to the Perigine Fund. He is on the board. The group is trying to get rid lead ammo to save the birds. :cursing:

And don't expect the Mainstream Media to report these test results. They are only interested in reporting anything the Left puts out that attacks traditional American Culture( agrarian oriented culture). :( :shocked2:

This is why it more important these days, than ever before, for gun owners, hunters, and shooters, to question anything they hear on the news that is Negative towards guns and hunting, and learn what is going on.

Years ago, I had an argument with a liberal lawyer in town over whether the Main Stream Media was intentionally misrepresenting the NRA and gun owners. It got down to him demanding proof. I asked him if I brought him the proof, would he read it, and then would he admit his error in front of all the lawyers who usually ate lunch at the same restaurant. Well, he couldn't disagree. I had some of the stuff put aside already for an upcoming Gun Control debate, so I simply completed my research, and took him the materials the next morning. He came to the restaurant for lunch, and everyone there was waiting to hear I had brought him the proof he had demanded. He honorably told them I had, that he had read it, and he was very disturbed that I could so easily show him how biased Time, Newsweek, and U.S. News & Reports were, along with the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other papers. He was shocked that good studies contradicted their assertions about guns and crime, and he was even more shocked when I showed him the complete speech of NRA leaders that had been " cherry picked" and abstracted to say what they wanted it to sound like these people were saying, putting the NRA in the worst light possible, by misquoting their leaders. He even passed some of the stuff to other lawyers to see and read, and they expressed their shock and anger, too. I stopped being the " gun nut" that day with those lawyers, and with others who they passed the word to. They didn't want to talk about guns and self-defense, but they no longer spouted off the usual anti-gun nonsense from the press, either. When new studies destroy yet another truth- An NIJ study that showed that kids raised in homes with guns that receive safety training, and firearms training have a negative involvement with the juvenile Justice system, where kids raised in homes without guns were still involved in the system, with occasional crimes involving guns, and kids raised in homes with guns, without any training, were 4 times more likely to be involved in the JUvenile system for crimes involving the misuse of firearms. Or the study that shows that less than .07% of guns taken from criminals and traced ever were sold at a gun show- and that the numbers that were sold at gun shows,to the person who misused them, was an even smaller fraction of this small fraction, proving there is NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE. Or the NIJ study under Janet Reno that confirmed the work of Dr. Gary Kleck, using broad crime surveys that showed that more than 2 million crimes each year are stopped by civilians who are armed. The government study came to the conclusion that Dr. Kleck was understating the number of crimes prevented, and used the figure 2.65 million crimes a year! YOu didn't see the Clinton Administration holding a Press conference to announce that study's findings, did you?

We can all make better jokes about the effect of lead on people's brains, and have our laughs, but when governments begin to ban lead bullets, or lead shot, the joke is over. We need to seriously challenge these kinds of " studies" and become instantly politically active to stop these surprise attacks on firearms, and hunting. You can not simply sit by watching these reports on the MSMedia, and do nothing. You cannot give them an inch, thinking that they will be satisfied, and will go away.

This is not about guns. Its about power. That is what politics is always about. Forget that fact, and you show your weakness to our enemies. The Left has a long history of waiting and probing, and taking advantage of any opportunity. Because they infiltrated and now control most of our colleges and Universities, driving any conservative faculty members off of campus, attacking any conservative speakers who appear on campus, they are shaping the minds of millions of college students every year, and most of those students already live in metropolitan areas where they have been told from birth the gun control is crime control, and that only criminals have guns. They are told that they must trust the government to protect them, and that they not only have no obligation to learn how to protect themselves and others, but that doing so makes them suspect as a possible subversive, or wannabe criminal. Urban culture preaches that you must call 911, and leave any emergency to the " professionals" to handle: you must

" never take the law into your own hands".

When did the law leave the hands of citizens in a democracy????? When did self defense, or defense of others become a crime? Or a moral wrong???
Who the heck do these Urban liberals think they are???

Back