• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead hollow point or AeroTip?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting back to your original post.

I've never used either but have heard a lot of bad things about the aerotips and the same things about the skirt problems mentioned previously.

In my area, the only muzzleloading projectiles available have some sort of plastic construction. So once my existing stock runs out, I'll have to order online or cast my own.

If you're bent on hunting with conicals, do a search to find what works well for others in similar rifles. I think you'll find that the Hornady GP, TC Maxi designs and Lee REAL are the most popular and that most shooters use an overpowder wad for better accuracy.

If you choose to shoot PRB There's plenty info available on this site about which ball sizes and patch materials and thicknesses to try.

A properly placed PRB is deadly on deer at muzzzleloader ranges. Some have a bit more confidence that the other projectiles will penetrate better, especially with regards to quatering shots, providing an exit hole and better chance of recovering a wounded animal.

Latest posts

Back