• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lee conicals for .44 revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_1

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently bought the 220g .457 lee mold and found it impossible to load without completly mashing the bullet into the cylinder with a mallet on the bench. hard to get them straight but I essentually swaged them into the cylinder. completely mashed. even if it started crooked as heck I hammered it in there and reformed it to the cylinder. total PINTA but they actually shot pretty straight. Seemed like not a great plan though and arduous. lots of recoil and very high impact. I then ordered the 200g .450 mold. this one seems to work pretty good. The bottom band is .443 while the start of the conical is .450 they load really easily. Set nice and low in the cylinder and then seat easily with no shaving. I wish that shoulder was a bit tighter. .452 would be nice but they seem to work. I have shot about 50 of them. no backing out under recoil. accuracy seems about the same as RB but with very high impact point. I have a new front sight on order as the one on the gun was filed down for RB. Hoping the new sight will be tall enough. They hit a LOT harder than RB. really sends my steel flying. Makes it feel a lot more like modern power. nasty big soft slug.

Back