• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lee REAL 320 grain Load data question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen a REAL slip off the load but.
I bet if a guy cut circles of onion skin paper about .70 in diameter or so and pushed the base of the real down into the bore so the paper just covered the first or second ring that would probably make it so they didn't move at all.

The bullets that where slipping in the bore in my rifle where the GreatPlains 385grn bullets.
I have been playing with resizing the Real 320grners and paper patching just to compare accuracy with the stock bullet, something to play with when not hunting or working on a rifle ,i have to be doing something to keep my brain busy.

Idaho Ron said:
I have never seen a REAL slip off the load but.
I bet if a guy cut circles of onion skin paper about .70 in diameter or so and pushed the base of the real down into the bore so the paper just covered the first or second ring that would probably make it so they didn't move at all.

You never know. After doing that some bright person might come along and invent the patched round ball. :shocked2: Higher velocity with less powder, better trajectory, less lead. :grin: :v

Hits like a 3 year old girl at 100 yards. I wouldn't recommend shooting PRB at a squirrel.
:eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

First of all, let me say thank you to those who posted such helpful information. I love this board in that way.

Secondly, I will attach a photo of the load data; because why not.

Ladtly, I have no updates as I had to run out of town and just started browning my barrel tonight. I am going to cast this weekend and hopefully will be ready to go mid week.

Browning complete. Laural Mountain Forge Browning provided beautiful results, smooth and even. Staining is underway, casting to take place shortly.

Idaho Ron said:
Hits like a 3 year old girl at 100 yards. I wouldn't recommend shooting PRB at a squirrel.
:eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff :eek:ff
aXmBQw2.jpg

0GB1wm7.jpg

Back