• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Left Hand Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PostDriver

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Who makes left handed Hawken-style rifles? I know Lyman makes the GP and GPH, but I can't find any others. Did T/C ever make their Hawken in lefty? I'm buying my first rifle and want a .54 lefty percussion ... my options???

Thompson Center has not made any muzzle loaders in left hand since their fire in 1997...Jim

Cabelas has, or had their Hawken in a left handed version. It is made by Investarms, the same as the Lyman Great Plains rifle. but looks more like a T/C.

Great call! I had looked at Cabela's earlier but it had slipped my mind. Gave it another look and, by golly, ordered the .54!

Now if I can just figure out how to get a peep sight on it. I'm thinking the Lyman peep if it'll fit. They're both made by InvestArms so maybe it'll work without tooooo much mods. I'll post a topic about this in particular.

Thanks to all of you who have put up with this newbie's questions, and for all the help you've given. :hatsoff:

Glad you found one. The Lyman peep should work on it. It is basically the same as the Lyman Trade rifle only with double set triggers. Good luck with it.

Back