• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Left-Handed .32 Caliber Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoblood

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Does anyone know if where I can find a .32 caliber, left-handed flintlock rifle?...something along the lines of Pennsylvania rifle or one of the other long, eastern flintlocks (not a shorter, Hawken style). I'm looking for something to go squirrel hunting with, and I can't seem to find anything on the web for lefties.

I'm sure many fine custom gunbuilders would be happy to make me exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm concerned about paying an arm and a leg.

I'm a new-join to the forum, so I apologize if this question has been asked before. I tried to search this forum's archives, but had no luck narrowing down this question. Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Two Blood

Welcome! Good question and a good place to come for answers. I don't know of any of the big companies that make them or have ever done so. Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading has them in a variety of styles, though there's a wait. You'll drop around a bill on one, but can beat it if you're capable of building from their kits (actually a parts set requiring some gunsmithing). "In-the-white" on their price list means fully assembled but not finished, and that would save you around $100.

You can also keep your eyes open for private sales on the want ads here and elsewhere. Some prices are very good. I dithered for months on a fully finished lefty 40 cal as the price got down around $500, but couldn't justify it when I already have a 30 cal I picked up last year in-the-white for bout the same money. I love my small game guns, but can only justify owning so many. Or at least that's what my wife sezz! :surrender:

Twoblood check TVM they may have one in stock. The wait is 6 mo to a year. Very good people to work with. Give them a deposit and have it paid off by delivery.

Good advice so far. Or try learning to shoot lefty with a right hand rifle. With a flint, I admit that could be problematic but some do it. Or, save up the cash and try to get around to some big ml shoots and look for guns for sale. Or put an ad in 'want to buy' here and other forums.

Thanks to everyone for replying...I really appreciate it! I think I'll check out TVM and maybe post a want ad.

If anyone else has any other ideas, please throw 'em my way.

Thanks again.

Back