• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Length of pull questions concerning Hawkens.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the same technique as necchi . My GPR has a Davies trigger and it's set very light . I hold my finger on the side of the front trigger and just apply a small amount of rearward pressure to fire the gun. This works very well in cold weather too .

I would not leap into buying a gun until you have handled and inspected it thoroughly . There are many Investarm made Lymans that are the result of ,shall I say, poor quality control . Some guys swear by their Lymans , but I swear AT mine .
I would have a look at a few and pick the best , paying particular attention to the trigger .
I don't feel that the Lyman has enough drop in the stock for a crescent style.
Perhaps another gun with a shotgun style stock would suit you better and it certainly would be easier to shorten that style of stock .

Latest posts

Back