• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LePage-44cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montanadan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone shooting a LePage(Pedersoli) in 44 cal? What size ball are you using.The new Pedersoli web-site says .435rb with.010 patch.I just recived this pistol only to find out I have No Balls to fit,.440 way to big and .430 way to loose.Thanks in advance...Respectfully Montanadan

Hi Montanadan,
i shoot my LePage percussion with .440 balls and[url] 0.010in[/url] patches. Noticed precut prelubed (with handcare product) round patches (about[url] 1.2in[/url] diameter) worked better at loading, as square or muzzlecut patches. My powder load is only 12-15gr swiss No. 1. Seems to be enough for accurate paper shooting (well 30gr are a lot more fun :) ).

Hope this helps,

Stimpy

Last edited by a moderator:
they recommed .435. What is actually available is .433 from hornady. They load easily with the standard patches and are as accurate as you could ask.
lepage25777rt.JPG

I use a .433 Ball, .010 patch and 20 grains of GOEX FFFG. I am not sure how well my patches are working as I can never find any! I have been thinking about trying an over powder wad from Circle fly (I am too chicken to go out and collect wasp's nests!!!)

Dwight

mec said:
they recommed .435. What is actually available is .433 from hornady. They load easily with the standard patches and are as accurate as you could ask.
lepage25777rt.JPG

Fine lookin shootin iron! And looks like some body plumb wore out a yellow marker punchin all thim holes! :rotf:

Davy

ummmm,hmmmmm. It's a real chore drawing in all those yellow fringed holes. Probably be easier just to shoot the thing.

Hey mec,
nice shooting! I hope I can manage to achieve such a group someday...

I think switching to a smaller mould would help with loading, but the wallet says its likely more a longterm project... Anyway, I dont think accuracy suffers from .440 balls. Just loading needs some extra force to press the ball in.

Regards,
Stimpy

wouldn't be surprised if those slightly oversized balls worked very well. Haven't tried it myself but it shouldn't be much of a chore shoving them down the barrel. I've had good luck with REAL (rifling engraved on loading) bullets in my Plains Pistol.

Latest posts

Back