• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LePage Accurracy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biliff

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering a Pedersoli LePage Flintlock for some serious target work. (That pistol shoot contest in December got me going). Did a search in this forum and while I found some really nice pictures of the piece I can't find where anybody has actually reported group/accuracy results for one of these things.
Anybody have any ideas what to expect for either the smooth or rifled versions?

I have a rifled .44 Flint Lepage. It was designed for the bent elbow stance. If you look at old depictions of duels you'll see that the opponents
didn't extend their arms straight out. The idea was that the shooting arm covered part of the rib cage.
It is very doable to shoot extended arm style but takes a bit of getting used to.
The gun is fast and very, very accurate. The cock doesn't lower itself down as far as most other flintlocks do. I've seen quite a number of the pistols as they're very popular in Euro competition and they all have the same short hammer-throw. This doesn't affect accuracy or speed in any perceptable way. Lepage is beautiful for a production gun. It'll shoot a good deal better than most people using it. The previous owner of my gun shot high nineties out of a ten shot series. He'd keep 'em in a circle about the size of a coffee cup's base at 25m. I'm NOWHERE near that good. The single set trigger is crisp and can be adjusted down to the "holy s§$T that's light!!" level. I'd recommend it but advise you
take one in the hand and see of it "Points" for you. Like I said; that grip takes a bit of getting used to. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the inputs. I'd love to get my hands on one before I buy, but they're just not available over the counter and very few people here shoot single shot pistols, so I come to the forum for info. Thanks again.

The last few world muzzle-loading target pistol championships have been won with both percussion and flint versions.

Is that a good enough recommendation for ya?

tac

BakeovenBill,
I have used LePage smoothbored flintlock during several years with success in competition. Really like the model.Only repro that can compete (in my opinion a bit superior to LePage) is Hege:s Manton.
Regards,
ARILAR :grin: :thumbsup:

I borrowed a flint model to shoot the Mid Atlantic Round Ball Championship Matches years ago. I shot the match through once and won against a couple pretty good pistol shooters that were firing members of the US International Team.
I thought it shoot very well with no supprises.

Freedom isn't free

Doug in Virginia

Is a LePage bore generally rifled or smooth? If smooth. how do you get accuarcy out of it?

Thanks, sse

For MLAIC flintlockpistol shooting is smooth the only allowed. You have to use fast and plenty of BP!!IMO
ARILAR :grin: :thumbsup:

All lePage I saw yet were rifled. The precision problem started always around 60cm behind the pistol :grin:

Stimpy

Those LePages are VERY accurite.I have shot them & against them.(rifled versions)I've seen (5 shot),"quarters" &better, reg. shot @ 25yd.s (2 hand )They have one of the best locks out there IMO

I do not own one, because I do not like the "tradional" grip.Instead, I got a pair of Mortimer "saw handles" (same lock & just as accurate.(in the right hands)1 flinter & 1 capper.
(my groups (2 handed )2 1/2" & less.but I am in my mid 60s.)
Puffer

Latest posts

Back