• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lets see your squirrels, and rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey if I knowd how to use a camer i'd show you my Rifle a little 32 cal. but I don't think i'd show you my squirel thou. :redface:

I don't know much about coon hunting but did you tree those coons with a dog or just go out in the woods hunting for them?

luie b said:
I don't know much about coon hunting but did you tree those coons with a dog or just go out in the woods hunting for them?
i was wondering the same thing. and those fellas are huge! well my rifle got in yesterday. .38, 32 inch barrel percussion, curly maple stock, star inlay in the cheek piece, ect. cant wait to shoot her!

This is "Belle", my first custom rifle. It's a Southern Mtn with handscraped stock, .36 Green Mtn barrel and Chambers lock. Haven't had it long, but I can't wait to do some squirrel huntin with it. It shoots to point of aim with 40 gr FFF and a ticking patched ball.
100_2132.jpg

100_2133.jpg

100_2135.jpg

I have given up rifles for smoothbores for all my hunting needs I know only shoot a .58FDC 1 1/8 OZ #5's works well for me on squirrels, these three were taken a couple of years ago, I did not have the camera on the only trip I made this year.

sqrlhunt11.jpg

if ya havnt seen the other thread yet, i have my own pics to add now. thanks alot. these rats have you guys and your awsome rifles to blame for thier deaths. lol. .38 cal, shootin the .375 ball with denim patch and 30 grains of crapodex. hits 3 inches low, two inches left right now, but nothin a litle kentucky windage (er, and elivation) cant make up for. shot one square in the butt and the ball cut the other's throught.
100_0207.jpg

100_0208.jpg

100_0209.jpg

100_0210.jpg

100_0213.jpg

pab1 said:
Nothing fancy, just a .32 cal Crocket, but it gathers lunch for me. :grin:

100_4369.jpg

Love to see that game cookin' in the woods!

Here is my .32 pedersoli Frontier with 5 bushy tails:

WessAug28Squirrels.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell pic. I hope to have a new pic in a few weeks.
Wess

i thinks its a 32 inch barrel. yeah its a little short, but i love it. id like to have one of the 40 inchers yall shoot, but the shorter one is much easyer to wrestle through this jungle they call Louisiana. goin back out tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

luie b said:
We were out squirrel hunting in November and found these guys sleeping out in the open in BIG BIG trees. They often do that on sunny days in the late fall. The dark or Clear coon bring the best dollars. The ones that show brown or orange in the fur are off color. These would bring pretty good money in the old days. in the 70's these would have averaged about $70.00 each. I have run coon hounds for a lot of years but not on this hunt.
PJC

Mighty nice rifles gentlemen. KYFlintlock, I have hunted the tasty critters with a Pedersoli Frontier for a number of years. Sure is a smooth, acurate rifle to use. My only trouble is my aging eyes are having trouble finding the sights and game at the same time!! Happy hunting and enjoy your stew.
Chasing row

KyFlintlock said:
pab1 said:
Nothing fancy, just a .32 cal Crocket, but it gathers lunch for me. :grin:

100_4369.jpg

Love to see that game cookin' in the woods!

Here is my .32 pedersoli Frontier with 5 bushy tails:

WessAug28Squirrels.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell pic. I hope to have a new pic in a few weeks.
Wess

Of all the ways I've cooked them, they always taste best cooked over the fire. I like the Pedersoli! :thumbsup:

Back