• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LH Flash guard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tlukes

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Where can I get one or does anyone have a pattern for one to fit a Left Hand Lg siler?

I've seen them. Can't say for sure where, but most flash gaurds seem to be made by Ted Cash. Go to the links section of the forum and under parts or maybe accesories you can go direct to his site. :thumbsup:

I have purchased 2 for a large left hand Siler. They are put out by Michael Lea of Columbus OH. The phone number on the package is (614) 291-4757. I don't know whether it is current. It seems to me other models might be available from him. Cost at the time was $9.95. Good luck.

worst case you could make your own. It's just stamped sheet brass. Just anneal it so it's flexible enough.
You can also make them out of steel if you prefer. The one I put on my rifle is steel- I browned it so it wouldn't stand out so much. Personally I hate the things, but I do understand the purpose.

Cheers,

Thak you
I called him today. the number is good.
Thanks agin. :redthumb: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:

I got mine from Dixon's Gunshop in Kempton PA. The frizzen screw on the Siler comes through from the inside of the lock plate. The flashguard came with a longer screw, and a nut to attach the guard with

I make my own flash guards out of either pewter,which I prefer,or thin copper both of which are easy to bend.I dispise the things and unless forced to do so don't use them.Indians are not always required to have them but I carry a small spring vise to use in the installation if necessary.I make my frizzen stalls out of scrap leather and thongs.I carry several spares of each in my lodge.
Tom Patton

Latest posts

Back