• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lifetime Combination Hunting & Fishing License

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
So I went to the NC-WRC website to see if the 2011-2012 Sportsman's Licenses/Big Game tag sets were ready yet...and imagine my surprise when I signed on the License system recognized my DOB, and a Pop-Up appeared telling me I now qualified for a Lifetime Sportsman's License for $15.

At first I didn't catch the 'lifetime' reference...thought it was just a Senior Citizen discount from $40/year down to $15/year...but upon closer inspection saw that it said a one time cost of $15 for a Lifetime License...I just apply each year and they'll mail the new License & Tags to me.
Never having heard of that before, just to be safe I called the NC-WRC to verify it.

Heck, $40/year will buy a few hundred balls...

:grin:

They have the "Pioneer" License out here. It's free for 65 yrs and older, but you have to have been an Oregon resident for 50 yrs.

Bakeoven Bill said:
It's free for 65 yrs and older

I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth...but when I got the full understanding it was a free lifetime license from now on after paying the $15, I did wonder why they didn't do the same thing...hit 65 and then its free, not $15 for the first year THEN free...

But I'll take it
:wink:

Congrats Roundball! :thumbsup:

I bought a lifetime hunting license years ago (Indiana has since stopped offering them). At the time, it was a lot of money. Still, it was the best money I ever spent!

Glad you caught a break, Skychief.

It's 60 and over up here, and it's free. I've always been proud to pay license and tag fees to support the resource management, but I didn't turn down my free lifetime license when the calendar turned for me! My wife and I now donate our usual license fees to a youth outdoor program.

They had lifetime licenses in Texas when I was a kid, wish I had bought one. Now that I'm an out of stater it cost me an arm and a leg whenever I go back home and hunt with the family.

BrownBear said:
I've always been proud to pay license and tag fees to support the resource management, but I didn't turn down my free lifetime license when the calendar turned for me!
My wife and I now donate our usual license fees to a youth outdoor program.
Truth be known, I could be just as easily have been buying a $15 pure hunting license with no fishing as I haven't fished in 30 years...and I haven't hunted state game lands in 20+ years.
But I could afford the $40/year and in an indirect way, felt I was contributing to the NC Wildlife management operation that way.
I've also bought a Federal Duck Stamp every year but haven't duck hunted in 30-40 years...I'll still buy a Duck Stamp 'cause I hope to get a chance at a goose with a Flintlock on a local farm

BrownBear said:
It's 60 and over up here, and it's free. I've always been proud to pay license and tag fees to support the resource management, but I didn't turn down my free lifetime license when the calendar turned for me! My wife and I now donate our usual license fees to a youth outdoor program.

There was a proposal a year or two ago to have a lifetime license for about $1500 or so. Never went anywhere, but if such an option were out there I am sure F&G would make a heap of cash from it.

Texas Lifetime combo just went up from 1000 to 1800 a couple years ago. I figured i'd spent more than 1000 on it so far, and was going to go get one with my tax return (hopefully) when my parents got it for me as a combination birthday/Christmas present. Couldn't be happier and told them i'm covered for life as far as Christmas and birtday presents so not to ever get me anything again. The next Christmas, I got a pair of socks and a t-shirt, so they "kinda" listened.

OK, the deed is done!
With the new fiscal year now in effect, I bought my new NC Sportsman's license for a mere $15, and its now a lifetime license.

PLUS.....with retirement set for 12/31/11, I have 70 surplus days to burn up...so starting next week I'm working 4 day weeks though the 3rd week of October, then I'll be out hunting and enjoying the holidays all of November / December.

I'll stop back in at the end of December to sign final paper work, and officially retire...so in terms of sheer time available to hunt, this fall should be a great one for sure

Back