• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Linen or hemp strapping?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdbritt

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Okay, so Pichou has convinced me that cotton webbing isn't PC/HC for bag straps. :surrender: That leaves linen or hemp as far as I can tell and I have no idea where you get either. I've run several web searches to no avail. Any suggestions? :confused:

Warren :v

I found some coase hemp webbing at a craft store, similiar to THIS.

It was pretty wide but could be doubled over and stitched.

Yeah, OK, blame ME. :cursing:

:rotf: :haha: :rotf:

Those all look great. Maybe the Najecki coarse stuff is a little too rustic. But the rest of them... so many cool choices! :grin:

Hey Pichou I had to blame somebody! :grin: Thanks guys! I guess I wasn't running the right search. I kept putting in straps instead of webbing. DUH!! :shake:

Warren

Well, don't start a trend. I'm already the whipping boy on another forum.
:rotf: :haha: :shocked2: :(

I've dealt with Colleen from turkeyfoot trade co. llc and she's a real good person and has some quality plunder to boot!

Turkeyfoot always has a nice setup at events. Nice people too. :thumbsup:

Pichou, who always buys maple sugar candy from them. :grin:

Pichou, your not a whipping boy in my book. You've never been anything but helpful to me and answer my questions without being condescending. I really do appreciate that! :applause:

To everyone else, thanks for all the help! I'll get some webbing so I can make some more bags.

Warren :v

I have an inkle loom and I use sisal all the time to weave with. It's way cheaper to buy then even cotton. It makes a really nice strap.

Regards

Back