• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lite Spike Hawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutshurt

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Got one here that I forged from a RR spike. Lots of file work, some rawhide and tacks.

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

Darrel

i need that, i can tell you dont really like it price it so i can help you out..... :wink: :rotf:

I spark test all my RR spikes, I use only the ones that spark like a high carbon steel, most spark like medium or low carbon. So the ones I forge out harden up very well. Good hard edge.

Darrel

Very nice and clean work. The HC spikes usually run about .35 carbon, give or take some. HC is normally on the head.

No I did not take pics when I was working on it, but that is something I can do shortly and I can post a few for you guys. I dont know what kind of hawk yet though. I'm going to start another tonight I think.

Darrel

Latest posts

Back