• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Little Bro Tries The Holy Black

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
So my Brother is off to his home in New Mexico. No idea how far outside of Albuquerque he is going with his son my nephew BUT, he is going for Mule Deer with our Dad's .54 T/C New Englander. He is planning on 80 grains of 3Fg and will be at the range tomorrow to see which shoots better, the Hornady Great Plains bullets or the TC Maxi-Balls.

But LD Hornady doesn't make a .54 GPB and the .54 Maxi-Ball is also not around. You must've meant he has a .50, right?

NOPE, ya see I found my Hunter Safety visual display kit from the past, and within was a FULL UNOPENED box of .54 Hornady GPB's and a FULL Unopened box of TC Maxi-Balls..., true they are vintage and the lube may be dry, but I think Providence has smiled on my little bro, who is using my Dad's rifle because they are Lefty's while I am a right handed fellow so mine used by a newbie could have been a problem.

We did some work at the range prior with Lee REALS, but they were only OK on accuracy. He has a few of them too in case the vintage bullets are failures.

Everybody wish him luck. I will forward photos if he gets one.

LD

Latest posts

Back