• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Little" rabbit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Romel, unless you have an abnormally long right arm (again with the nuke plant thing maybe), how much closer to the camera can that rabbit be? That's a biggun for sure and no need to apologize for it.

We used to raise Californians and they would weigh 5 lbs in 10 weeks. Adults went 10 lbs. That's a Big Bunny.

Used to raise - because klonking these guys with a pipe was hard on my Karma. ;) I told THE ADMIRAL "the next batch, you kill 'em and I'll dress 'em out. We sold them off as pets. :haha:

HPIM0859.jpg

Our local volunteers run this size.

HPIM0535s.jpg

Nice rabbit, nice shooting. I learned a trick from an old 1800 cookbook thats been passed down. It's to soak small game in milk overnight. It will remove the gamey taste.
In late winter, when food runs out for them they'll eat alder tree bark and it makes them taste almost skunky. The milk will take that away.
Do you save the back strap meat? That the best part of a nice stew for me. Carrots, celery, patato and rice.

I believe the OP's rabbit is a cougar with big ears... seen em before in the Catskills.

by the effect of being closer to the camera
I picked up on the old " hold it close to the camera to make it look bigger trick" I have a picture somewhere of a Northern I caught in Minnesota that's as big as my canoe. It took some real clever staging but you can hardly tell its an optical illusion. My Brother was a great amateur photographer with quite good equipment for a high school guy.

Back