• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Log Cabin Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonOhio39

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Went there today, with a buddy of mine. It was by no means my first visit, that was back in 1968, more or less.

I escaped out the door with only $212.00 less than I came in with. A dozen flints, one tin of musket and one of #11 caps, an RPL lock and a buckskin pouch.

We had intended to use the range too, but it was actively raining so we passed on that.

Now I just have to organize a little extra time to do some shooting. Not sure if I'll be able to get out for deer this year, family issues come first.

Don in Ohio

Welcome Don, you did good,, only $212, :wink:

I live near Track of the Wolf here in Minn and have learned to only bring so much with me when I go,

There is a non descript Lietzau Taxidermy shop near that I was at yesterday, Tanned leather and Buckskin, hair on hides, horn and other assorted needed stuff,, I dropped $160, only `bout $50 over budget,

Time for another Group meeting;
"My name is John,, And I'm a Buckskinner."

Track of the Wolf, yeah, that would be another place that I shouldn't live close to. I might LIKE being close but being broke would suck!

Log Cabin is about a 50 mile trip, each way. That keeps me under some control.

I grew up in New London, Ohio where Miller Bedford had his gun shop. He was prominent member of the early NMLRA and founder of the Ohio Gun Collectors Association. He always had muzzle loaders and the necessities for them, and would open up just to let a 10 year old stare at the guns. Early training stays with you forever. :wink:
ETA: The RPL lock sparks good!!!

Don in Ohio

That sounds like a great place! There has been many a young lad go astray looking at racks of guns and cases of ammo! I'm old and I still remember the smell of powder the first time I saw a MLR fired! I have been hooked a long time!

Geo. T.

Log cabin and track.at one time you could be glade that you wern't close... but now they come right in to your house...
Hi John I too am a buckskinner

tenngun said:
Log cabin and track.at one time you could be glade that you wern't close... but now they come right in to your house...
Hi John I too am a buckskinner

I find it much easier to procrastinate online than in the store. Doesn't work all the time though.

Don in Ohio

I have been going to the Log Cabin since the early Sixties. The only problem I have with them is they take all of my money! I have been known to go back the next day(If my wife was with me the first time ) just to give them more money. Great people to deal with! :hmm:

They've taken money from me too, several times. Funny thing is, I keep giving them even more money.

ohio ramrod said:
I have been going to the Log Cabin since the early Sixties. The only problem I have with them is they take all of my money! I have been known to go back the next day(If my wife was with me the first time ) just to give them more money. Great people to deal with! :hmm:

I stopped at the Log Cabin Shop many years ago on my way to Niagara Falls. I remember thinkin then that I didn't bring enough money. I live very close (40 minutes away) to Tip Curtis. I learned long ago to only take what I can afford to spend. Lookin gets expensive!!!

The main problem is not what I intend to buy. It's all the other stuff that I didn't realize I "needed" until I saw it there!
That's still better than not being able to find what you want at all.

Don in Ohio

Back