• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long Hamock Barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who makes Long Hammock barrels and who sell them? How would you rate their oct. to round .62 smooth barrels.

I'm not possitive about who makes them or their quality, I've never handled one, but I think you can get them through Buckeye Barrels...

I believe you can buy them through Dixie Gun Works and several other muzzleloading suppliers.

Richard and Riley Smith own Long hammock barrels. Richard is the father and Riley does most of the barrel making. They are located near Wildwood FL. You can contact them at 1-352-748-7373.

I just received one of their 12" long .78 caliber barrels, took about eight weeks to get. Appears quite acceptable.

I have 3 of there barrels a 54 oct. to round rifled,62 smooth and a 50. I will use no other barrel but theres I can not say enough good things about there barrels and staff. You will not be disappointed with one of there barrles.

although i haven't used any of their larger barrels, i am installing one in a .36 cal Lancaster style rifle. the internal finish is very nice- it does not appear to need any work at all, and when i ran a cotton ball through it, there was no shedding, so i don't plan to lap it.

good luck!

MSW

I guess I've had a bad run of luck with the LH barrels I've used. I don't know which has more waves, the inside or the outside...... I've also noticed alot of "chatter" marks in the rifleing. It's not a barrel i'd choose for a gun I'd make for my self. I'd go with Getz, Rayle or Rice.
But, on the other hand, it sounds as tho others are quite happy with what they recieved from LH.

Mike, the last one I got in was a .32, and it had chatter marks on the sides of the lands. I'm with you on your recommendations. At least until they clean up their act. Their barrels a few years ago seemed very good.

I agree with Brooks. I examined a number of Long Hamock barrels at a dealers place of business (to be unnamed) and some had rings inside of the barrel (I have no idea how they managed to get that shape inside of a barrel), some of the barrels were not octigan at the breech (the blank was not large enough for that size of a barrel) and the overall quality was not what I would use on any gun I make. I have started to use Rice barrels and am very happy with them. Excellent quality inside and out. :)

Riley made my fast twist 50cal UH H+A barrel 26" it looks and shoots great.! 1/8 by 26. $200 and I put my sights on and my nipple in put it in and went shooting( some places I called dont cut for sights or put in breech plugs ect you want to ck on that when you get one My 62cal x 1 1/8 x30 and the 1" 20 smooth bore( 62cal)x30" ready to shoot was $375 for the pair. Fred

Back