• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for 1 Brown Bess stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody know where I might oobtain a stock for a Brown Bess? I want to make a
a trade gun, so condition isn't that important. I will be using a 30" barrel so the end of the forearm can be broken. I can find all kinds of stocks for PA & KY rifles and fowlers of
all sorts, but no Bess's.
Thanx Bud in PA

Hi Bud,
Track of the Wolf in Elk River, MN has a precarved, semi-inlet walnut stock for the "First Model Brown Bess" 1746 for about $235.
I'm not sure this is what you're looking for. Check it out at www.trackofthewolf.com or call them at (763)633-2500
Horse Doc

Thanks Musketman, I tried your link and got a reply from Sherry at the Log Cabin Shop. She says that They don't have any at this time nor does she know of any one else that might have one. I'll keep trying.
Thanx Bud in PA

Bud, I am new to this forum and just signed up. I sent you a email also. I am currently building 1st model Brown Besses and building up the lock sets. I have been working on this project for more than a year and not where I want to be yet, but my interest is the old military muskets. I help a buddy of mine also who is building up his stock making business. It used to be Fort Hill Gunstocks and now it has new owners. We are working up a pattern now for the 1st and 2nd model Bess. We can also bed any barrel, swamped, straight, or tapered in any blank.

Back