• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a BP club in NW Indiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strask

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently moved to NW Indiana and am trying to find a BP club in the area. Anyone know of any and how to contact someone involved?? I found one on the NMLRA website called Fort Tassinong (sp) and have called and e-mailed the contact with no response.

Thanks
Digger

If you are in NW Indiana, you should be looking at clubs in Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois. There are large clubs at LaFayette, Ind., At Kalamazoo, Michigan, and around Joliet, Illinois. Contact the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. Ask for Charter clubs. Then contact the folks. If you are calling on a weekend, folks may just be out of town. You can't know if you have been left a daytime number, or an evening phone number. Try both times. Don't expect people to be home this time of year. Some escape the cold by going South.

Check with local gunsmiths, and gun dealers that carry ML guns and supplies. At the very least, they may know someone else local who is into the sport you can call to get better local information. A local sporting goods store owner used to give folks my name if they were interested in Black Powder guns, gear, or a place to shoot, as he knew I was the attorney for a local club, and an active shooter. I even had police sergeant sending people to me to learn to shoot, because I am an NRA certified trainer.

The NMLRA charter club listing shows a club in Michigan City - did you try there?

How about the NMLRA Indiana field reps?

NMLRA Field Rep by the name Leo Holmes from Bluffton IN. His number is 219-346-2201 or e-mail [email protected] If asked, he is listed in this months MuzzleBlasts mag.
mrbortlein

Thanks to all I will dig around some more to see what I can find using the info you have here.

Scott

Leo shoots the second Sat of the month and he is located on the east side of the state almost straight south of Ft. Wayne,they probably won't start until March or April depending on the weather. They don't have a covered firing line.
I think his area code is wrong it should be 260, they changed it on us a while back and it probably wasn't updated in MB.
Longball 58

Latest posts

Back