• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a long range rod.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best long gun range rod is a steel military surplus .50 cal. cleaning rod with a 'T' swivel handle.
Tresco sells a tapered sliding brass collar that fits these rods to protect the muzzles from wear.
These rods have 10-32 threads that will accept any caliber 'cupped' end cleaning jags also produced by Tresco.

I have made more range rods then I can count be approx $80 with fittings out of 3/8" solid brass rod it would be the one in the center of the picture plus shipping.
DSC04097.JPG

I second for October County.
They list basic sizes but if you call them, really nice people, won't bit...much, they will make any size you want.

The longer ones from OC will come in a PVC pipe and the short pistol length one came in a box with other items I ordered.
The PVC I wrapped with tared twine and put a Turks Head on each end, makes a great 'case' to carry it in and the rod, in the tube, fit right in my buckskin rifle sleeve too.

A bit pricy but I got both my rifle and pistol rods with the Elk Antler handles.

Back