• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Looking for a small 40 or 45 caliber flintlock rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLCranford3

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Members,

I am looking for a smaller flintlock rifle in 40 or (preferably) 45 caliber with about a 12'' length of pull. My daughter has been bitten by the flintlock bug and being a smaller statured young lady, will require a rifle with a shorter length of pull. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have something that may suit the bill. (not looking to spend a mint, but do have some nicer flintlocks to possibly trade). Thanks in advance.

Trey

I understand what you're looking for. If you can build that may be an option for you. I built this "small frame" 45 cal flintlock rifle. I have 9 grandkids....all a bit young yet...but there's hope one will get the bug.

This has a 30" barrel, 12.25" LOP, single trigger, hook breech for easier cleaning. My total cost was $828. It's the lock and barrel that are the most costly. All brass components I made from sheet brass to keep cost down. Not HC....but shoots well!!

AkibkWRl.jpg

I understand what you're looking for. If you can build that may be an option for you. I built this "small frame" 45 cal flintlock rifle. I have 9 grandkids....all a bit young yet...but there's hope one will get the bug.

This has a 30" barrel, 12.25" LOP, single trigger, hook breech for easier cleaning. My total cost was $828. It's the lock and barrel that are the most costly. All brass components I made from sheet brass to keep cost down. Not HC....but shoots well!!

AkibkWRl.jpg
Beautiful! Building one is an option, though.

I see beautiful rifles for sale here every day. Buy the one she likes.
I think you will find it to be far easier to shorten an existing stock than it is to find one of that length for sale.
Take her to a gun fitter before you do any cutting.

AkibkWRl.jpg
Excellent looking rifle! More pictures, please?

go for a traditions deerhunter all 5 of my kids built their 50 cal frontier/deer hunters before they could deer hunt they started shooting their mothers 50 cal frontier with 15 grains 3f at targets at about age 6-7 off cross sticks at our monthly matches and by the 2nd year they were out shooting some of the adults. they carrier their guns back and forth to deer stand for a couple of years before the state said they could hunt nudge nudge wink wink now most of my grands have started the same way with the guns their parents built. they will treasure it forever and the time you spent together building it. let them pick the color of the stain with no coaching they can always redo it later when they decide to put it on a diet

Back