• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for hawk and knife source

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all, just returned from a muzzleloading instructor course for 4-H and had my first experience with tomahawk and knife throwing. What a blast, now I want to do it with our 4-H kids (14-18 yrs old). We're on a tight budget, so who is the best source for these throwing instruments?

Thanks.

gus

You might want to look at LOG CABIN SHOP, or CRAZY CROW. There is also FORT TURNER. Fort Turner has both tomahawks and throwing knives (made out here on the left coast,California). Crazy crow has inexpensive items made in India. They do carry the Blackhawk tomahawk, made in Canada (very good and well made). Log Cabin has good American made items and fairly good prices. I would order some "seconds" for replacement handles for the tomahawks while the kids train on them. Blackhawk brand (cast head), H&B and Fort turner brands are hand forged and exceptionally good. I can say these things because those folks all have some of my money. :thumbsup:

I do a rendezvous for the Boy Scouts and I have purchased hawks and knives from:
http://www.thegunworks.com/

They have been very generous with a discount for youth programs. Their hawks and knives are handmade and hold up very well with teenagers.

Good people.

WB

Last edited by a moderator:
On a tight budget you may try www.BUDK.com. I just got their flyer and they have throwing hatchet #06 BK722 for $8.99 or 3 for $24.00. Now I don't know anything about the quality of these but if the heads are any good at all you can have the boys make longer handles or even purchase longer handles for around 5 bucks or so and they might work out OK. It's a 3 1/2" head and overall 12 3/8". But hey, for just practice the price is right.

Hello, Try" Old dominion" this blacksmith is absolutely awesome at producing knives and hawks as well as other blackpowder items! I have a riflemans knife from him that is stunning! His name is Kyle willyard and has a waiting line but his prices and products are well worth it. He can also direct you to a leathersmith for a sheath,Best regards.

I believe Track of the Wolf still gives a good deal to 4-H instructors. At least they did 8 years ago when my dad and I were running the muzzleloading discipline for the local county here in Minnesota. Check them out. www.trackofthewolf.com Great guys.

VP

Back