• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Low tech patch making tool.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's quite clever.

I have used on of those fancy paper cutting boards with the big arm blade. The best part is that it is at work and they don't mnd me using it. I whack off a bunch of cleaning patches in very short order out of old uniform tee shirts which we have to destroy anyway. Makes for a very handy situation for all concerned.

As to shooting patches, I just cut strips with whatever is available and cut at the muzzle. I will keep a couple of square cut patches handy for reloads in the field, but rarely use them. Cut at the muzzle is just too handly and easy.

Who goes into the woods without a knife anyway?

Who goes anywhere without a knife? :hmm:

CS

Why use scissors when I can just tear the material in long strips? Then into squares using my fingers or cut the strips at the muzzle or loading block. :haha: Everyone has a favorite.

Nice tool for forming round patches, though. :thumbsup:

Got some Wally World pillow ticking, folded multiple layers as per your suggestion, was able to cut 30 patches at once as easily as one at a time, I think it could do 100 at once with no problems. Much thanks for the info.

Back