• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loyalist announces a new wheel lock pistol!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it's time to resurrect this thread. Loyalist just sent me the following message. I've never bought one of their guns, but they certainly get props for followup in email. If the guns themselves are half as good as their pre-sale customer service, they'd be quite nice indeed. On the other hand, while I'd love to get my first wheelie, I'm not the most daring, so if any of you decide to buy one, please do a full review (including testing their pyrites and more pictures, if possible).

Just a note to let you know the wheelock pistols have arrived.
For a pic & specs please go to the following link from our website
http://loyalistarms.freeservers.com/Wheellock.htm

Cost as follows:
1 of LABWL Early wheel lock pistol.....$ 630.00 US
Re shipping to the USA:
Expedited ground post insured ( 10-15 business days) .... $ 40.00 US
or
Express parcel post insured ( 6-7 business days)....... $ 57.00 US

They are fully functioning firearms made to fire live ammo ( ball and
black powder), the touch whole is drilled. Replacement parts are readily
available.
We warranty all moving parts for 6 months free replacement & labor, and all
springs are warranted for one year.

As the pistols arrive here 85% completed, we do all the detailing,
sanding, staining, quality control checks before we send them out.
Currently, we need about 3 weeks approx, to do our quality control and
finishing, due to the volume of orders we have received..

We have a limited supply of pyrite, currently we are trying to find a
relaible source.
We can include 2 pieces of pyrite priced at $ 1.50 each.
They are smaller but work well and should last quite a long time.

If still interested, let us know and we can provide payment options.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for yuor interest in our new products.

Your servant,
Linda
LAR LTD
10 Brunt Rd.,
Harrietsfield, NS
Canada B3V 1B1
Tel: 902-479-0967
Fax: 902-479-0032 www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com

As a side note, I was pleased to see the cost reduced slightly from the original quote, though shipping was increased by the same amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to be hired by loyalist arms and MVTC to photograph their firearms as they both fail miserably.... :haha:
The derbyshire arms pics look much better.

Other than that it looks good, I'd be interested in seeing how it works, however a wheelie is near the bottom of the list of things to buy...

mckutzy said:
$158.75 difference in canadian dollars.....Holy shite...like What?...

:shake: :shake: does any one know why this is? id like to know.

Presumably you noticed that the UK pound price was almost the same as the dollar price, but in pounds.

Now you know why WE are permanently pi$$ed here in yUK.

ROB + Rip-Off-Britain

tac

I was curious about the reliability and test firing of the guns. Here's their response:

We time and test every wheelock before they leave our shop.

The internal lock parts are very robust and strong, although, with all
wheelock assemblies,
they are very susceptible to dust and corrosion.
If not cared for properly they will go out of order.

We send the loading & proofing data with every pistol.

Thanks you for yuor interest and support in our new products.
Have a nice day.

Your servant,
Linda
LAR LTD
10 Brunt Rd.,
Harrietsfield, NS
Canada B3V 1B1
Tel: 902-479-0967
Fax: 902-479-0032 www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com

Please note, when I quote, I try to avoid changing anything, including gramatical or spelling errors. While I prefer to have no errors, I much more prefer to receive a personalized, prompt, and detailed reponse to my questions. Thus far, Loyalist has provided this, and makes me more willing to order from them than some other sources (including their source - yes, I know it), many of which would be much cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
tac said:
What's a 'touch whole'.....?

Whatever happened to Spell-checker?

Spockling mistales EVERY-damn-where!!! :cursing:

tac

Even if you run a spell checker, it won't flag "whole", as it is spelled correctly. :grin:

P.S.

What is "Spockling mistales"?

Carl Davis said:
tac said:
What's a 'touch whole'.....?

Whatever happened to Spell-checker?

Spockling mistales EVERY-damn-where!!! :cursing:

tac

Even if you run a spell checker, it won't flag "whole", as it is spelled correctly. :grin:

P.S.

What is "Spockling mistales"?

My point, Sir, is that there is no such word in English as touch-whole. But leaving out the hyphen [as in touch-hole] allowed this mistake to go unchecked by the spell-checker programme.

'Spockling mistales' is, in UK, taken as a humorous way of pointing out a spelling mistake.

tac

'Spockling mistales' is, in UK, taken as a humorous way of pointing out a spelling mistake.
And herein lies the problem.....our two countries are no only seperated by a common language, but often by our sense of humor. Believe me, as a British-born, Australian-raised, U.S. citizen married to an American, I see it all the time!!

I bought one of their wheellock pistols for use in our upcoming living history program. I'll let the board know what I think of it. I made one ten years ago with Rifle Shoppe castings so I do know a little about their idiosyncracies. Unfortunately I let it get away in an hour of financial need. As far as Loyalist Arms Company goes, they are great people. I have had work done by them and bought several reproduction arms from them over the years. Their word is good and their workmanship is excellent.

Technically speaking, isn't a touch-hole a feature found on an artillery piece or a true hand gonne? Whereas the hole in the side of a firearm utilising a flintlock for an ignition source is referred to as a vent? At least that's how it was explained to me a long time ago.

I have heard a vent HOLE reffered to as such in both refferences of artillery and gonnes of match or flint ignition; as in artillery "cover your vent" and "watch out for your vent blast on your right hand side for trees, grass and others."

I received the wheel lock pistol fom Loyalist Arms today. The lock and gun came in two seperate boxes--perhaps to satisfy US customs. Overall, I am quite impressed. The quality is better than what their advertizement indicated. The gun is very large (as the originals were) 24" from muzzle to butt. The lock appears to be very well made. OK, the trigger guard is not inletted into the wood and the butt cap is secured with 4 nails around its circumference but the stock is good looking and historically correct. The barrel and lock inleting is very tight as well. I received two additional pieces of pyrite besides the one fixed into the jaws of the dog. Spanner came with and the wheel winds easily. Good sparks! We'll proof the barrel minus the lock and it will get some use in our living history program next month.I would buy another if I had the need. Nice people to work with and I can see their hand in the final finish and workmanship.

Yes, please, let us know how it performs. Just don't blow the stock with the barrel.
volatpluvia

Back