• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LUCKY Curly Ash!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4570tc

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been gathering parts for another build. Stock wood was the last thing I needed. Went to an old friend who used to build MLs. He had a BEAUTIFUL band sawed blank of the prettiest Curly Ash I have ever seen! well I ended up with the blank!
HAPPY??? Dancing Happy!!!!!

How's about a pic? I have a purple ash tree might not survive Emerald Ash Borer. It's getting trunk injection treatments now, but if they don't take, it's a gonner in about two years. I'm thinking of keeping one or two of the branches that might be of suitable shape and size for planing into rifle blank stocks. I don't really know what to expect or what to look for wrt selecting which.

Back