• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lyman deerstalker stainless

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol_luke66

32 Cal.
Reaction score
on the lyman web site it says that this rifle has a special 1-48 twist for maxi-balls. does anyone know what is special about it. Will it shoot rb's?

If it has a 1-48 twist it should shoot rd. balls just fine. Unless it has extremely shallow rifling. All the 1-48 barrels i have had shot real good with rd balls.

If you download the instruction manual off their site it says that the DeerStalker Stainless is 1 in 32" twist.

I don't need it, i don't own the gun.

Sorry, I meant that for ol luke. I guess I should have hit the reply button on his post. I didn't know it would make a difference and put your name there. :sorry:

Certainly some confusing stuff. The website says 1 in 48" but the instructions say 1 in 32". ::

Back