• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman GPR-Rice trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montanadan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was looking at the Rice web-site and saw the Deer-slayer trigger set up for the lyman GPR's.Rice's trigger looks to be a drop in replacement,has anyone used this trigger in their GPR?Thanks to all in advance...Respectfully Montanadan

I replaced the factory triggers in my GPR with Deer-Slayer triggers from R.E. Davis. I'm not familiar with Rice's. They were'nt drop in, I had to do a little filing on the top bar of the front trigger to get them to work right, but other than that, they fit and work well. I like the way they look and they are silky smooth with no creep. :m2c:

Yes I replaced the trigger on my flint GPR with the Davis Deerslayer trigger, and I am happy with it. Before purchasing I searched the archives for other experiences with the Davis Deerslayer replacement triggers, and found a few posts from people saying that they had replaced theirs, but little else in the way of detail. To enlighten you and anyone in the future searching the archives, I

I put a Davis replacement trigger in a GPR a few years back. I guess I got lucky. I filed a little off the front of the trigger bar and it went right in.
Worked perfect.
LC Rice builds barrels. If he's building triggers now thats a new one on me.

I am truly sorry, this should be corrected to R.E.Davis tiggers.Boy! what a numb-nuts,sorry Montanadan

Back