• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Trade Rifle help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy Chaney

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Due to a disability,I'm a left handed shooter with a right hander LTR,is it possible to mount the Lyman 57 GPR on my rifle without problem.I'm unable to shoot rh and this is my first true traditional rile.I have other B/P rifles,but I know we don't mention them here.Can anyone help me before I buy the sight and find it won't work.The pic of the sight shows a screw at the top that seems that it could reverse the apature,but I can't tell for sure.Any lefties input would be a great help.Yea I know I could always learn to shoot right handed,but that is difficult when missing most of my hand.ha ha ha :grin:

Unless it is just a matter of changing sights, I have a feeling it would be a HUGE procedure to try and alter and exiting gun to the other hand, if possible at all.

Though I'm right handed, I have shot left handed for my whole life. And my suggest is just shoot your rifle left handed. All of my guns are right handed except one and I am comfortable with, and have had no problems shooting all of my right handed guns from my left shoulder, flint or percussion. I'm thinking its a lot of what you get used to. Have fun :hatsoff:

If your reference is to the Lyman Model 57 Aperture sight, it can be put on either side of the gun. You simply turn the slide around, and insert the disk in from the other side. Depending on what gun you install it on, you may have to shim up the sight base, or cut away some wood from the upper stock.

See IdahoRon's excellent post here:
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid...

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems that I am not allowed to see this post as of yet.Can anybody show any pictures that may be helpful to my dilemma.Thanks in advance

Back