• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mail Order/Online Muzzleloading Supply Back Order Policy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akapennypincher

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Would this TICK you off if you Ordered about $50.00 worth of Muzzleloading Supplies on the Phone, and ask if “Everything WAS INSTOCK, before giving up your Credit Card Number, only to find about half of your order was not Shipped.

Plus when you called to inquire when the Backordered/Not Sent Items would be shipped being told to reorder in a few weeks, and pay another shipping/handling charge.

Because we don’t back order, and reship....out of stock as Backorders......
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Yes it would... but that would also be the last time I ordered from them until I spoke with the Owner.

No "Big Guy" supplier I know of acts that way.

I also order very little over the phone, much preferring verified orders off the PC. If I can't get a printable "In Stock" verification, then I get the name of the order taker who claims that everything is in stoch and shipable. I alsu will usually request a faxed order verification if they don't do it via email.

Things you have to do sometimes...

Pennypicher,

As I am about to order several items, would it suit you to hint at who I should avoid? If not publicly then as a private topic/message.

Charcloth

Perhaps a talk with the owner that a review of their service (or lack thereof) on a certain well populated muzzleloading message board is in order might stir them to action for you.

It would be the last order from them, and I would tell them so. I have had very good luck ordering from Track Of The Wolf, with back orders being sent free of chrge.

I ordered from TOW a few weeks back every thing arrived all the way from the states to tassie in less than 8 days inc w/e. Shipping charge was a little pricey but considering where it come from and to where it went, and was still cheaper than buying here.
TOW was very good to me

I like ordering from Dixie Gun Works and Buffalo Arms for supplies, and Powder Inc. for blackpowder. That should cover everything.

charcloth said:
Pennypicher,

As I am about to order several items, would it suit you to hint at who I should avoid? If not publicly then as a private topic/message.

Charcloth

To answer the one who said talk with the Owner. I did at the Western in PHX. He could careless, as that was his policy.

To the one getting ready to order, I would say think _ _ _ _, OHIO, and if you can not figure out who it is.

Before you order from ANYONE, as HOW DO YOU HANDLE BACK ORDERS....
:blah:

I never had that happen. My backorders were always shipped without additional costs. Seem they were being a bit misleading.

Seems like no matter where you order from your going to get hit with a back order.
Track of the Wolf had me on a back order for 4 months.
I also have a back order right now with Muzzleloading builders supply but they are cheaper on locks than TOTW so the shipping make sup for it. I placed an order same day with them as track for items that were cheaper and they were faster on shipping. IM glad they finally opened up an online catalog to place orders.
Sure I would like no back orders but its how it goes. Unless someone is just plain rude I would never use them again and let them know it.

Being an inventory/production planner by trade. I can tell you, We would NEVER TREAT OUR cutomers that rudely.
They don't deserve your business.
I have never ordered from a muzzel loading supply company that treated me badly.
Save the TRS, and I did get what I ordered, at the price they quoted, it just took them awhile.

Back