• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mike Brooks fowler on TOTW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCarp

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's your chance to own one:
[url] http://www.trackofthewolf.com...=12&subId=81&styleId=284&partNum=AAC-889[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that, I just happened to surf over there the other day and saw the "Famous Mike Brooks" mentioned in the description. I guess Ol' Mike's going to have to start using the special title "The" in front of his name, as in "are you 'The' Mike Brooks?"
I'd call him the "Cock of the walk" but I think his roosters would get jealous! :rotf:
BTW, that was a fine looking gun too. I bet it won't stay on the market long.

You can get about the same style gun from Jackie Brown for under $1k. Yes, I really am HOOKED on my Jackie Brown Fowlers, I think they're that good. :thumbsup:

Yes you can, and yes i have one, but it not near as nice, or as well made as that one is. I like my JB too, but if i had lots of money and could afford one, i would buy one of Mikes guns.

I saw that gun, drooled, went back looked again, drooled somemore.

magnificant firearm

Yep, that somebody be ME! I'm still shaking. I logged onto the Forum 10 minutes or so ago, went down the menu, saw the heading aobut a Mike Brooks gun on TOTW on the Smoothbore forum, checked into it, went to TOTW, couldn't believe it, told my wife I've been thinking about getting a fowler built by Mike for MONTHS but figured he was so backordered I'd have to wait over a year or so. She said "Get it", I said "yes, dear" and I still can't believe it's really gonna come to me. I can't hug and kiss my wife enough! And I'm STILL shaking too much! For cryin' out loud, I was coming back from the range this afternoon after shooting my .45 Lancaster for a coupla hours and I was day-dreaming about getting a fowler (bird season starts tomorrow, too). I've been looking through the Grinsdale book I picked up last week every night, wondering if I would eventually try to have one built like one of the originals from here in the Connecticut Valley. Mike Brooks has always been the guy I've wanted to build my fowler, no matter which one I wanted. Well, this happened to be the one I wanted! I couldn't help myself. It's such a beauty! I can't even remember who the member is who brought it to our attention, but I just want to say THANKS!

Congrats Marc. You should get a lifetime of use out of it. You better take the wife out to a Good dinner. And maybe some flowers would be in order too. :grin:

It IS a nice looking gun but the question that you have to ask is, "For $1700 bucks more will it shoot THAT MUCH better then a $1k Jackie Brown?" I don't think it will but then I guess if you've got that kind of money to spend then Go For it. :bow:

Rebel said:
Yes you can, and yes i have one, but it not near as nice, or as well made as that one is. I like my JB too, but if i had lots of money and could afford one, i would buy one of Mikes guns.

Well, gee. My lock is inlet as good and ANYONE can inlet a lock, the trigger guard, butt plate, thimbles,ect. are all attached just about as well as humanly possible. The lock sparks as well as ANY lock could be expected to. There's a point where you can only get so "perfect", after that you're just spending money for Bragging Rights on what ya' have.
Don't get me wrong, that Mike Brooks IS a nice gun BUT how nice do you really need to kill a deer or down a few doves? :hmm:

P.S.
No offence to Mike Brooks. He's probably a really nice guy and he does do good work but as a poor, working stiff it's just hard for me to spend more then I need to in order to get a firearm that'll do the job. Proof is in the Ruger KP-95 and Mossberg 200a turkey gun that I own. They're my only ctg. guns and even though they're not a Sig and a Browing they'll work every bit as well at half the price. Oh well, enough talking. Have fun with your new smoke pole. :thumbsup:

That's true. My JB is well put together too, but i am sure if you had them side by side you could tell the difference between the $700 Jackie Brown, and the Mike Brooks. Yep, it cost more but then a Jag cost more than a Geo Metro. Both will get you from point A to point B, but there is lot to be said for driving the jag. :grin:

LOL, I wouldn't swap my Dodge Ram truck for two Jags. I get more use out of my truck and I can afford insurance on it. LOL. :blah:

yea frank . but i have a weiner-dog that can bark and growl but just cant bite like a pit-bull :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Those who cant see or appreciate the wide gulf of difference between a hacked together bunch of cheaper parts and a fine piece of craftsmanship/artwork/architecture dont deserve the latter. I dont know why such rude comments were made on a thread solely concerning Mike's work. Matter of fact, dont know why I am responding to such nonsense. :(

Congratulations, Marc! You'll have a fine birding piece that will give you much pleasure long after you've forgotten its price.

Congrats, I just looked at the photo on TOTW. Wow a thing of beauty. I am very jealous. Not sure if I could shoot it. I would just want to stay up all night and stare at it. What excellent workmanship.

Congrats Marc,that is really a beauty. :bow:
I hope for you that it shoots like a looks. :grin:
Aim well..
:hatsoff:

If you can afford to buy a gun that expensive and you are willing to spend that much , I say go for it. I have to make do with some thing that costs a lot less!
Old Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back