• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mike Gunbuilding 101

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjschieber

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Mike Brooks did an unbelievable job in his posts of gunbuilding 101. I do not have the talent to go from scratch to gun. So all of my building has been from kits simple and fast. I thought some of you might like to check out this site. (see site link below. edited by Zonie) I hope it works. Some people are givers and some takers Mike thank you so much for being a giver.

When I started to look at the listed site, my spyware program stopped me from entering the site. Addynamix I think.

Addynamics has some kind of aggresive spyware addware program tagged to the page. The actual site is on tripod, not 50megs. It is a Hawken kit build article. I glanced just enough to see that the kit had a cast buttplate that needed to be prepared for use, so I assume it is one of the more advanced kits. Not a slap together and finish. If you want, I will go back and fetch the address for you. The stupid add program is tagged to just about every control once it is loaded, so even closing the window makes it attempt to load. It is not a problem to go get the tripod address for you.

Runner said:
When I started to look at the listed site, my spyware program stopped me from entering the site. Addynamix I think.
I do not have spy ware on my computer. I am sorry if it is causing you trouble. You can try going in here[url] http://riflestocks.tripod.com/[/url] They do have a lot of other things about building guns. (Stains and gun stocks, refinishing stocks, target crowning a muzzle just to name a few) I do get pop ups when I am at their site.

Last edited by a moderator:
got that whole instructions saved from a couple of years ago....what wood is that...........bob

That sites got more spam and spyware manure on it than the law allows! Not a good place to go....can really end up slowinng down your computer :nono:

Bill, Just a touch off subject, but you should get some spyware. You can get a number of them free, and it's a good idea to have a couple running at the same time. I'll PT you with a site that has some good spyware programs, both free and trial. Look for the PT Bill

Bill of the 45th Parallel said:
Bill, Just a touch off subject, but you should get some spyware. You can get a number of them free, and it's a good idea to have a couple running at the same time. I'll PT you with a site that has some good spyware programs, both free and trial. Look for the PT Bill
My daughter stopped to check on the old man last night. I told her about what you guys were saying. She checked it out and then downloaded something called ad ware ran it and I had 784 critical things. She said they put things at these places to track where I go on the web. I am very new to this computer web thing and had no idea anyone would do something like that. I am very sorry if this caused anyone trouble and I will never post another web site. Again please accept my apology AND DO NOT GO THERE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. PS my computer is a lot faster now.

Bill: Hope you don't mind but I modified your first post to remove the site link.
I felt I could do this because there are safer links in others replys.

I don't want you, or anyone else to feel like you cannot or should not post a link. You were trying to help the other members, and that is all that matters. :thumbsup:
Don't stop just because this one wasn't the best one.

Most of us who have been on the web for awhile know there is a risk whenever we open a link and many of us have purchased firewalls to add protection from things like this.
These spy programs are often downloaded without your knowledge but they usually aren't destructive, just nosey and they will slow down your system.
After my computer was infected with a Worm (also downloaded when I was visiting web sites) and totally destroyed my ability to start my computer without loosing all of my files I bought a Zone Alarm firewall. So far it has kept the viruses, worms and spy stuff away.

Zonie said:
Bill: Hope you don't mind but I modified your first post to remove the site link.
I felt I could do this because there are safer links in others replys.

I don't want you, or anyone else to feel like you cannot or should not post a link. You were trying to help the other members, and that is all that matters. :thumbsup:
Don't stop just because this one wasn't the best one.

Most of us who have been on the web for awhile know there is a risk whenever we open a link and many of us have purchased firewalls to add protection from things like this.
These spy programs are often downloaded without your knowledge but they usually aren't destructive, just nosey and they will slow down your system.
After my computer was infected with a Worm (also downloaded when I was visiting web sites) and totally destroyed my ability to start my computer without loosing all of my files I bought a Zone Alarm firewall. So far it has kept the viruses, worms and spy stuff away.
Thank you I tried to go back and edit it out but I could not. I do not want anyone to get hurt because of something I did. I am just happy that some of the guys on this site know a lot more than I do about these things. I have learned a lot from this fiasco.

Latest posts

Back