• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Military Heritage Weapons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mckutzy said:
OH man howabout double matchlock.....ok now i know off topic, but cool... a first i would think.... :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
Ah! You beat me to it! I was gonna suggest a double-barreled pitchlock based upon Pitchy's homemade musket (with auto-opening pan feature). Have a lock on each side and two trigger levers (pehaps staggered like the triggers on a modern side-by-side). That would truly be something to behold. :grin: :thumbsup:

:hmm: that would be something unique wouldn`t it.
Question, if one makes the chamber area from solid heavy steel then welded on tubing for barrels would that be safe or is the pressure high the full length of the barrel.
Say the first part of the barrel is heavy steel for six inches.
I`m talking shotgun here.

Did you watch the three hour story about the Pilgrims tonight on History International? Lots of matchlocks--I think I saw one of Dale Shinn's guns. They never spend enough time on the guns in these shows though.

no i didnt, :cursing: i will look out for it later.

mmmmm matchlocks.....i can already smell the powder and match burning........oh ohohoh ouch my fingers....the burning match for my pipe just burn me...

warning... dont match and think at the same time... :grin: :grin:

PitchyPine said:
:hmm: that would be something unique wouldn`t it.
Question, if one makes the chamber area from solid heavy steel then welded on tubing for barrels would that be safe or is the pressure high the full length of the barrel.
Say the first part of the barrel is heavy steel for six inches.
I`m talking shotgun here.

No opinions huh, don`t blame ya it`s a touchy subject with a lot of variables.
If i decide to build one it will be of a safe design in the end.
I`m more concerned about preparing for a hard winter at the moment and stocking up on food, wood and ammo. :thumbsup:

PitchyPine said:
And no reply about my hand made toys. :surrender:
I take every opertunity to show off my creations. :grin:

maceshoot2.jpg

Happy Thanks Giving Gents. :hatsoff:

In the spirit of the holiday, I hope you got stuffed! I love the mace, and always enjoy seeing the fruits of your labors.

CP
grin.gif

nkvd said:
Yeah

Maybe if it was a custom made fowler with a hand made lock and stock with intricate parts that a lock includes,for which a rope gun does not last time I looked at one.And I don't care if he's made rope gun's for the "Sutan Of Bruni" or the
"Smithsonian" I don't care to spend $700-900 on a rope gun but should pres.Barry solve our eco crisis someday maybe Johnnies rope guns will seem like a give away price but until then:

"Whatever" :nono: Rob

As I stated previously

Opinions are like spinchters, everyone has one, and some are full of fecal matter.

In my opinion, John's guns are investments. How many people do you see working their backsides off making quality "rope guns"? It would seem you have a low opinion of muzzleloaders. Practically, every one of John's guns is "hand made lock and stock with intricate parts that a lock includes."

If all you have to offer is negative criticism, then it is my opinion that we should just simply ignore your posts, and weigh them for what they are.

cp.gif

grin.gif

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!

Really? Let me guess:"Put it in my claypipe and smoke it",right! :rotf:

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back