• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Miquelet locks.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Maier

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently acquired a kit from The Rifle Shoppe, specifically their Spanish light military escopeta. As a miquelet is essentially a form of flintlock, I thought it appropriate to ask here if anyone else has built this kit or one similar. And if so, could you show me photos of the assembled lock from both sides? I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out how everything is supposed to go together, so having some visuals would help me quite a bit.

Thanks!

Took them about two weeks to actually fulfill the order, but once it shipped it arrived within a week. Check with them first if you want a kit with an assembled lock, because it can take them a significant amount of time to get one in stock.

MatMaier: I have built several miquelet locks from Rifle Shoppe castings. They are not particularly difficult compared to a late-model flintlock. If you PM me with your off-forum email address I will send you pictures that will help you assemble your lock.

Attachments

• Miquelet8.jpg
    Miquelet8.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 171
  • miquelet2.jpg
    miquelet2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 162
Back