• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Miquet and Snaphaunce lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriskletke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that makes these type locks ??? Or kits thereof?? Or any reading material that would show internals of these locks so that I might try and make one myself???

chris

The Rifle Shoppe has many different snaphaunce and miquelet sets of lock castings. I just received a snaphaunce carbine lock set from them this week. They make a lot of their parts after they take orders, so the wait time can be almost infinite. I asked if they had all of the parts for the lock that I wanted in stock, and they said they did and that they would ship them out the next day. It took about 2 weeks before they shipped though. This is very typical for them. Figure that it will take at least 3 times as long as they say or more.

In most cases, the wait is worth it. It's just best to only order if they have all the parts in stock. For some reason, their website is down right now. They've been saying for a long time that they are planning on revamping their web site. Maybe that's what they are doing. Their phone number is 405-396-2583.

Blackley & Sons, which are located in England also sell several lock sets including a snaphaunce lock set. Their quality and service is phenomenal. Right now the exchange rate is prohibitive for U.S. customers though.

I have a book by Robert Held, "The Age of Firearms: A Pictorial History" that has a diagram of the internals and externals of a snaphaunce lock as well as a lot of other types of locks. If you are interested, you can send me a private message and I can snap a picture and send it to you.

Building these things tends to be addictive. Once you start, you'll want to do more. Welcome to the club. Let us know how it goes.

too bad you don't have an Email address. I made
both these locks completely from scratch haven't
been able to share with the forum...Can't figure
out how to follow the process..duh

wulf said:
too bad you don't have an Email address.

You have make this statement in other posts too, but I don't know what it means. Everyone on the forum has an email address (although they may not make it public) and they can also be reached via a Private Topic. :confused:

LOL I do have an email addy sorry bout that :p it's [email protected]. I'll add that to my profile also but I have gotten Private messages before so that's odd if you tried to send them. Bring on the information though :). I really appreciate it.

Chris

Latest posts

Back