• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML drive hunt- many seen, nothing killed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Today we finished our ML drive hunt. We met at 05:30 a.m for a briefing and saftey rules. After that the 7 hunters went in their stands at baitings. I saw 2 roes (doe, fawn), but they came to fast, so shooting was impossible. Another guy, baikal from the forum, saw three deers, a doe with 2 fawns, but the doe recognized him too early and starred at him, so he freezed and couldn't move. Shooting impossible. After that the roes moved into the thicking. At about 9 a.m. the drivers and a dog (jack russel terrier) went through, but were not able to drive something out. So we didn't get anything, but saw relatively much. and the best thing is that we had fun, especially with our guys from Hungary.

Here the used rifles:

Pedersoli Hatfield flintlock .54
Pedersoli Tryon .50 cap
Traditions Deerhunter .50 cap
Traditions Shenandoah .45 cap
Investarm/Lyman Hawken .58 cap
Original Mauser M 71 hunting carbine cal. 11mm Mauser
Baikal shotgun 12 ga. with bp cartridges

And here you can see the ´fellow hunters:
[url] http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/Kirrmeister/PICT0634.jpg[/url]

So you can see the ML hunt moves forward here in Germany. 13 hunters want to come, but had timing probs.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kirrm, you wouldn't have any close up pics of that Original Mauser M 71 hunting carbine you could send me via email? I have an original military model.

Hi Guys !

This was a good fun and hunt !
Kirrmeister is the best host of the World !
That conspicuously handsome and dependable gentleman - second from the right - is me ! :rotf:
My Tryon is .54 caliber not .50, but is not important. :wink:
The Kirrmeister revier is the most gorgeous forest I've ever seen. We really enjoyed every seconds of these days.
I hope we can go again for another more successfull hunt !
Thanks for him for everything ! :bow:

Vgaby

Swamp Rat said:
Hey Kirrm, you wouldn't have any close up pics of that Original Mauser M 71 hunting carbine you could send me via email? I have an original military model.

Hi Swamp Rat,

i'll ask the owner if he can send me pics via email. He is arms collector and has some more of these mausers. If you are interested send me a PM.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Vgaby said:
Hi Guys !

This was a good fun and hunt !
Kirrmeister is the best host of the World !
That conspicuously handsome and dependable gentleman - second from the right - is me ! :rotf:
My Tryon is .54 caliber not .50, but is not important. :wink:
The Kirrmeister revier is the most gorgeous forest I've ever seen. We really enjoyed every seconds of these days.
I hope we can go again for another more successfull hunt !
Thanks for him for everything ! :bow:

Vgaby
Hi Vgaby,

thanks again for your joining of the drivehunt, and sorry again that we didn't get anything. You hungarian guys were really good one's and I enjoyed the time very much. We will have another try end of december or start of january. So remind it in your time planer.

The wine tastes very good!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hello Friends,
thank you for the nice huntingday, special greetings to jackie, the "Big Dog" in a small body.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hubertusjagdgo4.flv

Killing is only one aspect of hunting!

Greetings Det

Back