• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML Hunting in Central Florida

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I have lived here for about 4 years in Orlando. I used to hunt in Washington State but never in Florida. Anyone on the board from Florida or has hunted here?

Thanks,

Animal

Hi Animal-
I live in Southeast Florida (St Lucie Co.) and have hunted here but now mostly up in the Tallahassee area (deer and turkey). Should be some decent hog hunting in your area.

I come from Ochopee down in the glades. We used to do a lot of hunting in Big Cypress and over to Immokalee. Lots of deer and hogs back then, some Osceola turkey then also. Sure do miss home, but the hunting here in Texas keeps me here.

I live in Jacksonville and have hunted Ocala National Forest. It is just north of you. Currently Squirrel is in season there, but not much else...

I used to live right outside of Immokalee late seventies early eighties and we had plenty of hog huntin and a few deer. Wife wanted to move back to Pa tho. I lived in Devils Gardens. Boon

Pork Chop said:
I live in Jacksonville and have hunted Ocala National Forest. It is just north of you. Currently Squirrel is in season there, but not much else...

Squirrel is in season? Well, you don't need anything else! :haha:

Ive lived in central Florida around Melbourne. If you go east on rte 192 out of Kissimee There is about 20,000 acres of state land along that route that is hunted for deer and hogs. I never hunted there. But I did see a lot of sign and a dead hog some hunter probably lost. There is patch of state land where access is on a lottery and pay basis for the week. It is about 8000 acres and they have a lot of nice deer in there. These are not the tiny key deer either but of course they rent as big as the northern states whitetails.

They're are a lot of hunting clubs and I'll bet there is land to lease. Except for Orlando the center of the state is all sod and cattle farms My neighbor leased land up around Jacksonville way and went every weekend and always brought something home.
Ive lived in the state twice but only hunted waterfowl there when I was younger. This last time I was looking for places to hunt but we decided to come back north before I found a place to hunt. But I think if you put in the effort you will find a place.

Animal,I live just north of you(volusia co.)Lake George WMA Is north of DeLand, hog season is open with small game until march 1. No centerfires during sm game,the pigs are in there, you just have to find them.Place is crowded during deer season(like everywhere here)I am lucky that I have family with land in the great state of N.C. So I dont hunt here that mutch anymore.However there is A lot of great places to hunt in the pan handel. :)

Man that was some good hunting back then. Living out here in the Texas hill country is great but I sure do miss home.

Back