• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MLF Member Game Photos of Successful Hunts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
I don't know what the average age is of our membership, but hunters have photographed their harvests for many, many decades...B&W photos, then color...and the past 20-25 years hunting photography has really exploded with cheap disposable cameras or digital cameras right in the field at the time of the harvest.

Thought it might be interesting during this lull between fall seasons for all those who have hunted during the past decades to post their photos...deer, Elk, Moose, turkey, pheasants, grouse, ducks, geese, squirrels, rabbits, etc, etc...whatever.

[ Ideally, maybe the MLF could even create 2-3 sub-sections in this Traditional ML Hunting section...one for deer/elk/moose, etc...another for waterfowl...another for upland game. ]

Bottom line, if you're a muzzleloader hunter you've got photos, so post'em up...let's fill the void until the fall.
:grin:

Here's a black and white picture from 1979. Ontario moose taken with a .62cal flintlock, .610 prb roundball in front of 175gr's 2FF

Blackpowder_Moose.jpg

I'll play.

Mule deer Nevada 1994, .54 cal. Hawken, 70 yards.
Mulie3.jpg

Wild boar Tennessee, 1991, Hawken .54 cal., 10 yards.
Boar.jpg

Javelina, Arizona 1992, .54 ca. Hawken, 15 yards.
piggyA.jpg

Good memories.

Spence

Here ya go...
PB080040LucFirst2rabbitswithmuzzleloader.jpg
This was my first muzzleloader kill on the opening day of rabbit season. Shot both of these with my .50 traditions kentucky loaded light.

PC0601692.jpg

First deer with a muzzleloader(traditions kentucky)

LucasSquirrel.jpg

August squirrel opener (traditions kentucky .50)

PB180225.jpg

this year's deer with .50 TC renegade

HPIM0314.jpg

squirrel and a rabbit with my .56 smoothbore

i do not have any pics before 1997 thanks to a vindictive exwife who destroyed much of my library as well ...such is life most of these have been seen before but here we go again spike horn buck taken with .58 fusil

spike1.jpg

three Squirresl fusill and #5 shot
sqrlhunt2.jpg

Another spikehorn taken with Fusil
PB140199.jpg

Unfortunately no field pic was taken of this one, taken with .40 cal calcok by navy arms with GM replacement barrel
3pt-1.jpg

I did not shoot this bird but with camera he sat on the fence trying to figure out how to eat a "stink Lilly" in my flower bed
P6140106.jpg

Wish I had taken more pics over the years. :( Seems like we are always into the process and don't take time for pics.

Here's a mulie doe from a few years back.

doe2004.JPG

Ever lose your knife while field dressing? Lost my Uncle Henry folder in the gut pile of this deer. Did not realize it till we were back in camp. My grandson was with me when we got this one. He took the pic for me. We went back the next day to look for the knife and the yotes had eaten the gut pile up and there was my knife easily found. :)

I gave my grandson the rifle I'm holding here aright after this pic was taken. It was a Deer Creek kit that I'd just finished a couple weeks before the season.

Not an impressive pic, but I can't post it without remembering that day with the boy and the great experience we had.

marmotslayer said:
Not an impressive pic, but I can't post it without remembering that day with the boy and the great experience we had.
I found out a long time ago that my best pictures are in my head and can't be shown to anyone. :grin:

Spence

I didn't see any reason to post pic's I've already posted before but you got me to look through older pic's of BP hunts. Heres just a few bucks, nothing much but they all have a story and have given me some fond memorys.

1989 Buck,
89bpsnowbuck.jpg

Some early 90's BP Bucks,
First ever deer taken off Prudence Island with BP 1991
1stbpdeerpi91.jpg

6pointpibpbuck.jpg

pibp505point.jpg

pibp547point.jpg

Hey Swamp'....where's the rest of your barrel in the first few pics? :haha:

Just guffing you. I have a White Mountain Carbine too and can't recall how many times my buddies have asked me that.

Thanks for sharing some pics....you ARE a hunter! :thumbsup:

Skychief.

nice pics Swampy, I have always admired your level of dedication to the sport,and it seems to go back quite a ways, :hatsoff:

Ron, it's no fair to have them tied to a tree first!! :rotf: :rotf:
Nice bucks! Haven't killed a muley with an ml yet, gotta let the herd build back up. I hunr alone, so it's hard to take pics of yourself. I'll post one more that I can think of...
Scan_Pic0001-26.jpg

Last bull
pronghorn.jpg

Be three years ago now...Late Lancaster .54 prb

This is a mule deer I killed with my .54 Green River Leman I built, showing the habitat.
mdrabbit.jpg

muledeer.jpg

And an antelope with the same rifle. Load both times was 120 grains of Goex 2F and a roundball at 1860 fps.
antelope.jpg

Nice pics Herb.

I'd like to see a video of you stuffing that buck into the back of that car! :haha:

Ran across a report from Massachusetts in 1765 which said:

"We hear from Stoughton, that on Monday, the 4th of this Instant, Twenty Men went out in the Morning to hunt after squirrels , who returned the same Evening, having killed 1563 of those Animals."

I can't manage that, but I do what I can. 2010
squirrel.jpg

20 ga. fowler, day's bag by me and my dear friend Chuck. 1997
dovesA.jpg

20 ga. fowler, 30 yards 2005
Doe05.jpg

20 ga. fowler, 80 yards 2009
buck09.jpg

Great stuff Spence...love that Flint pistol!

Can't hunt with blackpowder pistols here or I'd have one...

Latest posts

Back