• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Models

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Now sit back lads and you shall hear
Of a time when guns we did not fear!
A time of old when kids could get
A gun, if only plastic yet.
A thing to have, a thing to hold
To whet the mind to something bold!
Like loving of guns, and History too
and where they'd lead, we hardly knew.
Now right before your eyes you'll see
Some plastic models, made by me.

In the 1970s Revell made plastic gun kits and actually sold them to kids. Although not entirly correct they are still interesting enough to have hung on my bedroom wall for 30 years.

I cheated and snuck in an Ivory Flintlock but I don't think you'll mind.
model1.jpg

A .32 cal Wheel lock, .45 cal Miqulet lock, .45 cal Ivory Flintlock
model2.jpg

model3.jpg

model4.jpg

model5.jpg

model6.jpg

Yes, I remember this world you speek of. Long before the hordes of witless scribes swept across the land, the people lived in happiness and peace. It was a time of innocence, of honour and logic. Each man was accountable for his deeds and was expected to act wisely. It was the way of the elders, handed down through the generations. We taught our children responsibility and respect.
But the people strayed from the path, blinded by the lust for worldly goods. The warlocks of Politicia saw their weakness and sendt their witless scribes to enslave the people with enchanted words. The words became law and the words grew. Blinded by the enchanted words and busy as we were slaving for worldly goods we forgot the wisdom of the elders and taught it not to the young. The enchanted words of the witless scribes was taught to the children in our absence. Now many of our young have been called to the ranks of the witless scribes, sowing lies and trickery into defenceless minds.
What was once good is now called evil. What was once evil is now called good. The forbidden crimes and perversions of long ago now recieve praise. Responsibility and honour have been locked away like antiquated and dangerous beliefs, while respect is now learned through fear. We live in a backwards time.

I used to build plastic models of modern guns when I was young. Beautiful and accurate japanese models of berreta's, browning's and colt's that you could hardly see were made of plastic. Sadly, they are seen as dangerous to young minds these days, just like toy soldiers and BB guns. It's a form of brainwashing and thought control the media, lawmakers and politicians are conducting. Sometimes I wish I was born a hundred or two hundred years ago when logic and morals still meant something.

Hey Xtramad,

Your note started out sounding like an excerpt from Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" and ended up sounding like the opening address at the upcoming NRA convention. An incredible combination of fantasy and reality - unfortunately a sad reality that is clearly a worldwide problem.

The other day my son Jack (5 yrs old) had a friend over to play. The next day my wife told me that the other kid's Mom called to say that her son said that he saw "Jack's Daddy's gun" and this lady was all upset that there were guns "lying around" in our household. Since all of my functional firearms are all locked away out of site, the kid had to be referring to either my son's toy plastic pistol that "shoots" a beam of light, or my longrifle that is currently in production in my workshop and completely inoperable. In any case, it is an example of the complete anti-gun brainwashing of kids and their parents these days. Right now I am searching eBay for a good old-fashioned pair of cowboy pistol capguns to strap around my son's waist on his next birthday, just like Daddy had when he was a kid!

Zonie Those are beautiful! WOW! I've seen a few models on Ebay, and now I am tempted to get one to make :: They sure look neat! Great job :)
That's OK re. the Flintlock. I won't tell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks for showing us the pics!

Hey Zonie, how did you get the face of Elvis on that ivory flintlock? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Just kidding...

Back