• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moose Lube Ingredients

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try this for small bottles.
[url] http://www.specialtybottle.com/?gclid=CNbe5eyoyocCFSMvNAod7mi4Fg[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
brett sr,
I've ordered from that site once for some
of their tins for patch lube.They served me well.
They were very quick to ship and I have nothing
bad to say about them.
snake-eyes:thumbsup:

GreenJeans said:
Does anybody have a source for small tins and the small glass bottles (corked or screw top does not matter to me)?

Yup,

For small tins, buy some altoids, use them up and throw the tin in the fire. When the fire is done, so will be the altoids tin. If you want to do it more quickly, you can take a propane torch to it to burn the paint off and then use some sandpaper to clean it up. Looks and works great and is CHEAP!

For small cork bottles go to your local Walmart and visit the wedding section of the crafts area. You'll find a little kit there to make and pass out "love potions" as wedding favors. They are about $5 or $6 bucks for 5 or 6 bottles. They are clear and come complete with cork stoppers. They're great for putting small amounts of oil or cleaner in. Fit in the shooting bag just great...just don't stick on those silly love potion labels OK?

Hope this helps,
Twisted_1in66 :thumbsup:

I have my family save small mint tins (Altoids, etc.). The small Kiwi shoe polish tins with the little toggle opener are great, too. Or the tins air-rifle pellets come in. Either toss them in a fire or hit them with a propane torch. Then I rub them with motor oil and a rag. They look old.

Back