• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moose Milk Recipe...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Otter, I'm going to try it.

Also found:
If you live in or hunt in an area that has alot of sub-zero temps. you can replace the water with rubbing alcohol to prevent it from freezing.

This is a fine lube for patches and keeps fouling soft.

This is intended for a PATCH LUBE ONLY! Do not use it as a rust preventer after cleaning as the oil will absorb moisture from the atmosphere and could result in rust.

Another stupid question fellas:

I just mixed up a batch of Stumpy's potion. You had mentioned that the patches could be pre-soaked and used as required during the shoot.

Do they have to be moist to work? I doused some patch last night, set them out on paper and they curled up into taco shapes today... :confused:

Do I wait until they dry out???

The dried patches with the moosemilk will work in many guns. Others, or sometimes on very hot days, you will need to " spritz " the patches with water to make them work properly in the same gun. You have to do your own testing, to determine if you can use them dry or if they need to be moistened.

If you want to know the total scoop on these kinds of patch lubes, contact Dutch Schoultz at:
http://www.blackpowderrifleaccuracy.com/

and send him the $15.00 for his system. He gives loads of information about using a " dry "patch lube for accuracy, and tells you how to read your spent patches to tell what is causing your groups to open or shrink. Its the best $15.00 you can spend for an education in this sport.

:hatsoff:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today I had a chance to try Stumpy's Moose Joose with pine-sol.

Then I started piddling around with iron sights.

Then I dry-balled myself and bunged up my gun. I suppose I should be upset because the day's shooting was a total waste of time and I got absolutely nothing done!

:barf:

But I did have a whole helluvalot of fun. I promise to deliver a serious range report next week end. Stumpy and his fabulous moose loob must be put on the hot seat! :wink:

Back