• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More Meat in the Freezer!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well guys after a succesful Deer Hunt with my .45 flinter, I did a double play and harvested a nice 6x4 Bull Elk 5 days later with my .54 Jeager! He would have been a 6x6 but he was a scrapper and had his 5th and 6th point and half of his 2nd broken off, His neckand shoulders were all scared from fighting. The Rut was winding down but I was able to bring him into 26 steps with a cow call. It was a hard hunt but what a blast. Me and my buddies put in a lot of miles, and we were only able to fill two out of three tags. Thanks to the good Lord, We all went home with some meat for the freezer, man is there a lot of meat on them critters!

Hope the rest of you have as good or better Hunting season as me! Shoot strait and keep yer powder Dry!
2010Bull.jpg

jrmflintlock said:
Well guys after a succesful Deer Hunt with my .45 flinter, I did a double play and harvested a nice 6x4 Bull Elk 5 days later with my .54 Jeager!
Congratulations on a great season. Two marvelous animals and the hunts must have been the same. I've really enjoyed your posts, and your pictures are above average.

I wonder how many squirrels I'll have to shoot to get that much meat.

Spence

Hey hey hey! Look at that! Good job. Was he all "stinky"? You know I gotta ask, where'd you get him? Bill

Outstanding, congratulations!

Early muzzleloading season for whitetails opens here next weekend... :grin:

:hatsoff:
Spot

Outstanding Well done ! good to see you using traditional gear I like your Jager ,tell us about it and your choice of shot placement too .

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Congrats and Well Done.... :bow:

Great pic's ..They give me inspiration. :grin:

Nothing like elk backstraps! :thumbsup:

Please share more details..shot placement...load etc.

Enjoy the rest of the season....Dan

North east New Mexico during a Rifle hunt! I only know of 3 others that were successful.. Really tough hunt, the Private land hunters were all over and the bulls were skitish. I think I just cought this guy off guard he thought no one would be crazy enough to get up on the bluff he was on except a hot chick!! :grin:

Holy cow was he stinky!!! This is only my second bull, he came in screemin and pissin all over himself!! The last bull I shot was gracious enough to take a bath in a stock pond before letting me shoot him!!

I actualy got that jeager from a lady online a few years ago. It is a TVM and be a .54 and it loves 80 grains of FFF onder either a pached RB or a Great Planes Conical. the RB hits 2 inches High at 100 and the conical is right on at the same distance!.

I was sneeking through this old boys bedroom and brought him in with some seductive girl talk!

He came in quartering to me and the bullet punched through this corotid artery and broke his spine smack dab between the shoulder blades, droped in his tracks. could not recover the lead due to all the bone fragments.. Had the same shot on a Muley a few years ago and the same outcome.

Back