• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

moulds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehunter

58 Cal.
Reaction score
anybody own one of the lee combo moulds?(round ball@conicle in same mould)?I was wondering if you liked it?? :grin:

I have one. It's great if you actually want to cast both projectiles at the same time. I ended up getting separate roundball moulds because I shoot ball a whole lot more than conical. The combo mould is kind of a pain when you only ant to cast one of the projectiles at a time.

HD

i agree with Dawg- had a little brass mould which came with the first BP gun i ever bought- a .36 Navy. it makes ball and conical (not very good at either one, but i suppose it would be a whole lot better than nothing).

when i was young and poor, i used it to make roundball, but never got much use out of the conical... now i'm older and poor, so i bought a plain old two cavity Lee roundball which works much better.

if, on the other hand, the dual mould works for you, go for it: do what works for your needs, cast up a bunch of projectiles, load her up and

make good smoke!

I just ordered one in .50 cal. for my son-in-law. Casts .490 ball and 320 grain REAL. I'll be casting both ball and REALs for him. It will go well with the .50 cal. Traditions Hawkens and .50 cal. T/C Hawkens I gave him. After all, he has to provide for and protect my daughter :rotf:

thanks that is what i wanted to know.will be ordering rb mould soon,I know barrels are different but what size rb mould do you fellas use??(.50 cal) Im leaning to .490 I dont know for sure what my hawkens likes best but it sure shoots .490 well. thanks :grin:

I have one of the old single cavity roundball in 490 it actually mics out to 4925 with near pure lead. I had a double 495 but they mic'd out darn neat 50! On my GPR 50 the cast 490 and .018 ox yoke or waly world .020 patches and 50 grains 3F will hit a quarter at 50yd off the bench.

Latest posts

Back