• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mowery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbeaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Mowery 50 Mountain rifle....it is not an underhammer...just wondering if anyone had info...

rick

I have a Mowrey .50 steel version with a 32" barrel. Not sure which model it is, whether a "Mountain" or not. I'm still working up a load for it, but it's pretty d@mn accurate with 75gr 3F and a .495 ball with a .017 patch. The bore seems to be a bit larger than my GPR or underhammer, FWIW.

I hve a Mowreys in .32, .40, 50 & .54. Love me all...they shoot great! I love the design...so simple and so little to go wrong.

Jumbeaux said:
Anyone have experience with the Mowery 50 Mountain rifle....it is not an underhammer...just wondering if anyone had info...

rick

I bought one of the later ones made in Indiana or where ever to rebarrel for trying picket bullets. It was apparently never used or only slightly. The barrel looked like it had been rifled by a spastic gorilla using a squirrels tooth cutter. So it was fortunate I did not buy it to shoot as it was. The rest of the gun works as a test bed. Needed the mainspring re-arched.
Quality is not a word I would use. Horribly ugly buttplate.
The earlier Texas made verisons are better I hear.

Dan

Back