• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mr Hoyt, no new work until after March 2023

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That he needs a couple months to catch up on a back-log of work doesn't surprise me in the least. Bobby has a unique set of machining skills for a niche market. Imagine having a small business today that doesn't require advertising or a website to get all the business that you want - and then some. LOL The high quality of his work and reasonable pricing along with the the word of mouth is apparently all that's necessary for him today. His reputation proceeds him. He does seem to do certain types of work that no one else does. For the future of muzzle loading, I hope he eventually has an apprentice.

Rick

Seems good barrel makers are getting scarce,and also like me , older.We need younger blood to begin working.Hopefully Mr. Hoyts niece is as capable as he seems to think ,others have handed down their business’s too and has not seemed to produce young artist/craftmen that meet the grade.This is a sad sign of the times,I hope it changes for our younger followers ….and for me when I want a barrel !

Anyone know if he is taking new work again? I was just gifted a TC Hawken with a bore that is pretty rough. Rifle shoots ok groups, but patterns way right. I’m wondering if Mr. Hoyt can either rebore to a .54 or put a sleeve in it and recut the rifling. The gun deserves to be a better shooter than it is.

I guess if you haven't been self employed you wouldn't understand the concept of being retired. I call it semi retired. Basically I work when I want too not when I have to. Fishing or hunting or any number of things might get in the way. I probably average 20 hrs a week in the shop. Which doesn't seem like much but then I am gone 4 months a year.

Back