• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Itchin' - Update from "The Land"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, the ol' Hawken is itchin based on the pictures of the beasts roaming "the land" this year.

My favorite is "Split Brow". The younger bucks must like him too:

SpiltBrows2081312.jpg

SplitBrows081312.jpg

TheBoysofSummer.jpg

Then there's "Bumpy" the 12 pt. Notice the bumps on his right bases:

Bumpy081112.jpg

Bony Billy proves all 8's aren't the same:

BonyBilly081812.jpg

And poor ol' "Kinky", another 10 pt, must have banged his G2 on something:

Kinky072512.jpg

I've never hunted a property like this before. It's going to be interesting for the first gun season which should be right during the chase phase of the rut going into full rut. The Hawken is ready.....

:shocked2: Wowza! I'm jealous! I saw a big Doe with a tiny fawn and a pair of young spikehorns last night that made my day...but damn!

All my bucks have disapeared from the area over the last couple weeks.
But even when they were hanging around the best I have seen was an 8 pointer and a 6 pointer.

Still seeing plenty of does. :(

Your bucks look pretty nice. You will have a good season.

Back