• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a long weekend in NW Nebraska at Fort Robinson. Took a day to go to Museum of the Fur Trade east of Chadron. It's been 20 years and still a wonderful place. I kept trying to reach for the guns but the glass got in my way. Lots of trade guns and everything a trading post would have. Neat place out in the pine ridge.
Thanks for sharing

Spent a long weekend in NW Nebraska at Fort Robinson. Took a day to go to Museum of the Fur Trade east of Chadron. It's been 20 years and still a wonderful place. I kept trying to reach for the guns but the glass got in my way. Lots of trade guns and everything a trading post would have. Neat place out in the pine ridge.
👍 There appears to be more flintlock long guns than Hawken rifles. 😉

Mostly trade guns. Only one true Hawken and and mix of early cartridge rifles and pistols. Museum is on the original site of the Bordeaux trading post.
That kinda makes sense. Hawkins were high-end desirables. Just like in today’s gun stores, you wouldn’t expect one to be filled with nothing but Weatherbys and the like. You see way more cheaper guns than high-end.

Back