• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Record Buck...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure he took it with an in line.Will do some checking. :hmm:

Definitely killed with an inline. I remember this buck from elsewhere and it is a GAGGER! I believe it's main beam lengths are #1 and #2 ever according to Boone and Crockett records.

It was an inline. The measurer lives about 9 miles from me, though the buck was taken about 90 miles south of here.

Well, if he had walked in front of my Flintlock I would have popped him.....but to be honest I don't find the rack all that attractive...would much rather have a good size symmetrical 8-10 pointer on the wall even if it 'measured' smaller...just me

roundball said:
Well, if he had walked in front of my Flintlock I would have popped him.....but to be honest I don't find the rack all that attractive...would much rather have a good size symmetrical 8-10 pointer on the wall even if it 'measured' smaller...just me

I agree!

that lack of uniformity just makes it easier to cut up into knife handles and powder measures lol :shocked2:

That is a LOT of horn for anywhere south of the Canada border.

Yeah, I'd shoot him if I saw him out in the woods but it suggests an early injury the way it all seems pushed to the right side an all.

Still wouldn't mind having that much antler about 9 feet up a wall down in my basement.

Somebody with more computer savvy than me ought to find a better photo of this buck and post it here. I am telling you, the pic in the link doesn't do the buck justice. He is a lot more balanced than it appears and as posted earlier, the main beam length is second to none, literally.

Here is another picture of that buck. Follow the directions to click on the picture and you will get a bigger picture to view. Takes awhile to load though.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/News/NewsReleaseArchives/tabid/19075/EntryID/1526/Default.aspx

If anyone gets "North American Whitetail" the Spring 2010 issue has the story on this buck and more pictures.

Swampy said:
If this is an inline kill, it does not belong here, it belongs in the non-muzzeling section.
I agree this is a TRADITIONAL Hunting ONLY sub forum.
Being this isn't and %$line site.

You gies and your traditional bs :bull: I enjoied the read it doesnt make a hill of beans what he killed it with I am glad he got it with his MAG rist rockrt with a steel core for penetration :rotf: :blah: traditional wait till they ban lead in your state it is a $2500 fine+ jail here. Nimrod

PS we all need to stick together tradition.inline archery and centetfire or we will louse it all

Nimrod said:
You gies and your traditional bs :bull: I enjoied the read it doesnt make a hill of beans what he killed it with I am glad he got it with his MAG rist rockrt with a steel core for penetration :rotf: :blah: traditional wait till they ban lead in your state it is a $2500 fine+ jail here. Nimrod

PS we all need to stick together tradition.inline archery and centetfire or we will louse it all

Well excuse me for trying to keep the Traditional Muzzleloader Hunting Forum Just that Traditional But if it doesan't mean much to the Mod's or Claude, so be it. No one said this couldn't be posted, just was posted in the wrong forum if taken with a modern gun.

Ha Swampy I am all for Tradition it is just that it was a GREAT buck the gentleman got and it was shot with a muzzle loader period I know you are just joules :rotf: :rotf: it wasnt you that shot it :v

Nim

Back