• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading and Archery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have shot only compounds but my grampa had a older recurve im going to string and use its an old fred bear that all i know about the bow im useing a bear with an 70lbs draw and another bow at 85lbs

i have bow hunted most of my life till i recently got into muzzleloading. i have taken 7 bucks and 2 doe with a bow. my latest is a P.S.E. firestorm 30"axle-axle 70# 80%letoff 29" draw

057679.jpg

i have shot only compounds but my grampa had a older recurve im going to string and use its an old fred bear that all i know about the bow im useing a bear with an 70lbs draw and another bow at 85lbs

If you're shooting a 50% let-off compound of 85# plan on being able to handle a traditional bow of 45 or 50# draw weight to start with. Whole different set of muscles, believe it or not. A trad bow is ALL in the back and upper shoulder muscles, not the arms.

When you can hold the bow in front of you and draw to FULL draw without raising or lowering the bow arm, or using only a horizontal push-pull, you are ready for hunting, grasshpooer.

Back